Any “must watch” videos for Fractal Newbie?

Fireproof

Inspired
Hey folks. With the FM9 release, Fractal finally has the form-factor I’ve been waiting for! So I’m anxiously awaiting mine, and looking forward to diving into Fractal-land and experiencing what I’ve been missing. 😊

I’ve watched Leon Todd’s Axe-FX III “basics” series and recent FM9 videos which are awesome, so I‘ve learned a lot already.

Are there any other “must watch” videos you would recommend I check out?

One very useful one is to use the Pin that shows up whenever you’re displayed a Block list of options. Press pin and you can freeze the, for example, IRs as an audition just by clicking around.

Use this for auditioning cabs effects IRS amps etc

This is in the editor software

One very useful one is to use the Pin that shows up whenever you’re displayed a Block list of options. Press pin and you can freeze the, for example, IRs as an audition just by clicking around.

Use this for auditioning cabs effects IRS amps etc

This is in the editor software
Woah! That sounds really helpful and I had not run across that yet. How convenient. Thanks for mentioning it.

Hey folks. With the FM9 release, Fractal finally has the form-factor I’ve been waiting for! So I’m anxiously awaiting mine, and looking forward to diving into Fractal-land and experiencing what I’ve been missing. 😊

I’ve watched Leon Todd’s Axe-FX III “basics” series and recent FM9 videos which are awesome, so I‘ve learned a lot already.

Are there any other “must watch” videos you would recommend I check out?
For new FAS owners, check out this Leon Todd video to help you get started...

Although it's FM3-based, it'll help you build presets and scenes from day one, instead of trying to navigate the complex language and information you may not yet be familiar with.

Videos are good, manuals are good, too:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/rtfm-read-the-fine-manual.159203/

@Cooper Carter has done a great job on (paid) instructional courses for other Fractal devices. I'm sure there's probably one for FM9 in the pipeline.

If you're interested in that route, I'd imagine either the Axe Fx III or FM3 course would mostly apply.
His website does list an FM9 12+ hour course “coming soon.” That’s rally cool and something I might invest in to get up the learning curve rapidly. @Cooper Carter - do you have an ETA on that?

For new FAS owners, check out this Leon Todd video to help you get started...

Although it's FM3-based, it'll help you build presets and scenes from day one, instead of trying to navigate the complex language and information you may not yet be familiar with.

Ahh - thanks. Will check it out.

@Burgs does super cool content as well

On you-toob as Brett Kingman iirc

Another endorsement for Cooper’s class… Super comprehensive

Big congratulations on your new rig!
👍❤️🙏
Thank you! I’m excited. Made a basic preset and sounded amazing - just drive, Friedman, 4x12, and some reverb. Now to add a few more effects and figure out how to assign footswitches, etc. One step at a time, but I’ll get there. 😊

Thank you! I’m excited. Made a basic preset and sounded amazing - just drive, Friedman, 4x12, and some reverb. Now to add a few more effects and figure out how to assign footswitches, etc. One step at a time, but I’ll get there. 😊
Rather than immediately jumping in to assigning foot switches, I'd recommend first trying the built-in OFM9G layout, which is very flexible. See page 104 in the manual. Then, as you learn more about the unit, and how Fractal does things, start nosing around in the foot-controller layout manager ("FC Edit" in the editor).

Back
Top Bottom