Anxiously awaiting FM3 firmware 5.0 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday is no worse for releasing new firmware, don't you think? :rolleyes::innocent:
Typically you'd go for Tuesdays but Fractal's doing their own thing. Gonna be happy if it hits this week but understand why they'd want to stall it a little bit more in order to iron out the biggies identified in the 2 rounds of private beta that went by.

Typically you'd go for Tuesdays but Fractal's doing their own thing. Gonna be happy if it hits this week but understand why they'd want to stall it a little bit more in order to iron out the biggies identified in the 2 rounds of private beta that went by.
Well, I'm certainly not rushing anyone. The current version is more than satisfactory to me. It's just that the best is the enemy of the good. Impatience and curiosity take over :grinning:

My heart skips a beat every time I think I see the FM3 beta thread title. It always ends up being the FM9 beta thread. I wish we had one already :rolleyes:

This is kind of a bump… but… I have some days off.. Don’t get many… Would love to spend some free time updating and tweaking this Friday-Sunday… Just saying.. I use my FM3 strictly thru a Mesa poweramp and stereo cabs… LETS GO!!! Happy New Year

This is kind of a bump… but… I have some days off.. Don’t get many… Would love to spend some free time updating and tweaking this Friday-Sunday… Just saying.. I use my FM3 strictly thru a Mesa poweramp and stereo cabs… LETS GO!!! Happy New Year
Tone Tips Tuesday by @2112 seem late today. Maybe it’s on purpose 👀👀👀

From the FM9 forum there seem to be a few issues / bugs with FM9 FW 2.0 so my guess is that they will want to iron them out and incorporate them into FM3 FW5 ... so it could well still be several weeks (?)

Ben

Yeah seems severe enough issues that we will probably see another public beta for FM9 and hopefully at the same time a beta for the FM3 as well.
The problem with this approach (imho) is that the FM3 is not the FM9 and we have a small army of personalities who seem to have unlimited time, willing to help beta test to help out.

Probably a newb question and maybe it has been covered somewhere else but what does the 5.0 software entail exactly?
Look at the release notes for the current FM9 beta, it's most likely all of that, but no one except beta testers know for sure.

The problem with this approach (imho) is that the FM3 is not the FM9 and we have a small army of personalities who seem to have unlimited time, willing to help beta test to help out.
It's the same codebase so issues that apply to the FM9 largely apply to the FM3. You can read the FM9 firmware thread to see that there are significant issues like editor slowness/unresponsiveness, low frequency oscillation, freezes at various points, outputs not working. For a Fractal beta that sounds particularly buggy. Which is understandable because this is a pretty huge update with several months worth of Axe-Fx 3 updates.

I know all of us are anxious to get our mitts on the new stuff, but I don't mind waiting more to get a beta that mostly works without issue. Splitting to FM3 vs FM9 issues is just more work for Fractal's team so when they have it working mostly on the FM9, FM3 is ready to have a beta as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom