Anxiously awaiting FM3 firmware 5.0 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
since he uses in-ears and a wireless system, it's a mess watching him try to change guitars mid-set
The trick is to have multiple transmitters. I make these changes more quickly because of my wireless. I turn off one transmitter, put on the new guitar, and turn the transmitter on. Done in less than 30-seconds, faster if I have someone helping me out.

Also with a second Eb-tuned guitar, if the band has only 10 songs, this would permit to alter the key between every song and at least add 10 minutes of podium time related to guitar changes between each song...just kidding.
Your not far off. Usually by the 3rd set we are totally off the setlist and pretty much taking requests. So that is the case sometimes.

Speaking of USB drivers…does everyone know that new drivers were released on Dec 10, 2021. I only realized this by accident. I have installed them, but haven’t had a chance to do any testing. I have no idea what is different.

Ive had a look, the USB serial driver is the same version (v1.1), but the USB Audio driver has been updated from v4.8 to v5.30.

It isn't your laptop - Fractal are looking into this as the offset should be reported by the unit to Windows via the drivers.
It is quite customary (certainly with other interfaces I have used) for interface windows drivers to be update over its lifetime which address performance and issues like this.
They are? Do you have a reference post?

Your not far off. Usually by the 3rd set we are totally off the setlist and pretty much taking requests. So that is the case sometimes.
But that is because maybe you have over a hundred songs what is quite respectable anyway. If you have a very strong back you can always use one of those double neck guitars, but 3 sets is quite a long haul with 7kg hanging on your strap...

The trick is to have multiple transmitters. I make these changes more quickly because of my wireless. I turn off one transmitter, put on the new guitar, and turn the transmitter on. Done in less than 30-seconds, faster if I have someone helping me out.
That's my solution as well. I bought an extra transmitter for my backup guitar, and can switch them pretty quickly. A friend of mine has it transmitter on his belt, and just hits a mute patch, unplugs, switches guitars and plugs back in, and then un-mutes. He's faster than me at guitar switching, but I like to have the transmitter on the guitar strap.

Speaking of USB drivers…does everyone know that new drivers were released on Dec 10, 2021. I only realized this by accident. I have installed them, but haven’t had a chance to do any testing. I have no idea what is different.

I tried updating to the latest, but it seemed ASIO connectivity became unstable with audio cutting out after a few minutes so I rolled back to 4.8. I'm on Windows 11 though, so at this point if something works it's tempting fate to update,

I tried updating to the latest, but it seemed ASIO connectivity became unstable with audio cutting out after a few minutes so I rolled back to 4.8. I'm on Windows 11 though, so at this point if something works it's tempting fate to update,

I updated yesterday and played around on Win10, no issues.

I’m using Windows 11 also. Did you uninstall the old drivers first? I still have old Windows habit of uninstalling and rebooting then install new drivers. Did things go back to normal? I haven’t had a chance to do a lot of recording yet, but things seem OK. I only mentioned because of people talking about latency.

I’m using Windows 11 also. Did you uninstall the old drivers first? I still have old Windows habit of uninstalling and rebooting then install new drivers. Did things go back to normal? I haven’t had a chance to do a lot of recording yet, but things seem OK. I only mentioned because of people talking about latency.

The installer uninstalled the previous driver, I didn't try to manually uninstall and reinstall. I tried several restarts and still had the issue, but this was playing back audio (and my son playing video games) not with Reaper running. Rolling back and audio was stable again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom