Anxiously awaiting FM3 firmware 5.0 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit behind on all the new UI stuff coming in 5.0, and maybe there's a setting somewhere for it already, but I have a question. When I'm in grid view and save a preset, the screen defaults back to scene view. Is there a way, now or forthcoming, to have the unit go back to the view you were in after saving?

Sting didn't get half the royalties, just performance for hire compensation and a song writing credit.

Sting was also in the studio at the same time, and just dropped into the control room for a playback, humorously chiding Mark that they had another great song, so Mark told him go out into the recording area and add something to it or something like that LOL!

Neither of them thought the song was going to hit at that time, but MTV loved it and wanted a concept video of it that Mark initially wasn't keen on doing, but MTV and Vertigo won that one and the rest is history.

Last edited:
Well, if they somehow are able to improve on the virtual capo part, I know a couple of people that'll start ditching their Digitech Drop pedals.
Well, only if it's actually as good as the Axe Fx III's. If it's somewhere in between where it is now and the Axe III's, that would be an improvement, but likely not a game-changer like it was when the Axe III's was updated to the current version.

Perhaps there's a way to hard code efficiently for the most common virtual capo uses (e.g. up or down 1 or 2 steps) rather than have a more flexible, but more resource-intensive, algorithm that can handle more variations in pitch transposition.
This would be ideal; baked in & optimized settings for 1/2 step down, full step down, and maybe half step up or something. I really like your idea. I'm sure FAS are doing everything they can to work on improvements; I just hope their efforts pay off. I mean, I'm gigging the current Virtual Capo, but it's painful at times with the latency...

Sting didn't get half the royalties, just performance for hire compensation and a song writing credit.

Sting was also in the studio at the same time, and just dropped into the control room for a playback, humorously chiding Mark that they had another great song, so Mark told him go out into the recording area and add something to it or something like that LOL!

Neither of them thought the song was going to hit at that time, but MTV loved it and wanted a concept video of it that Mark initially wasn't keen on doing, but MTV and Vertigo won that one and the rest is history.
Besides being two of my favorite songwriters ever, they were also both teachers who didn't make it big until they were about 27. Not surprised they're friends.

...and great lyricists.
To me "songwriters" are words and music people. Otherwise you're either a composer or a lyricist. But you're right. Those two guys write better lyrics than a lot of people who only write the words to songs. But then, not many rockers started out as English/Literature teachers.

Perhaps there's a way to hard code efficiently for the most common virtual capo uses (e.g. up or down 1 or 2 steps) rather than have a more flexible, but more resource-intensive, algorithm that can handle more variations in pitch transposition.

This would be ideal; baked in & optimized settings for 1/2 step down, full step down, and maybe half step up or something. I really like your idea. I'm sure FAS are doing everything they can to work on improvements; I just hope their efforts pay off. I mean, I'm gigging the current Virtual Capo, but it's painful at times with the latency...
I'm pretty sure that would make no difference... As far as I know it's the pitch detection that's the complex part, and that must be done real-time. You can't pre-plan it ;)

To me "songwriters" are words and music people. Otherwise you're either a composer or a lyricist. But you're right. Those two guys write better lyrics than a lot of people who only write the words to songs. But then, not many rockers started out as English/Literature teachers.
Pretty sure Gene Simmons was also an English teacher.

Take that how you will... I'm a big fan of early KISS!

That’s kind of the point of a public beta ;) I’m sure it will be released soon.
Yikes I misread FM3 instead of FM9 in my email. I was all ready to sit down and play with parameters. I just upgraded my i7 discrete graphics Laptop with 32 GB of DRAM and SSD main drive and 1 TB SSD second drive. Never thought I would attempt recording with a laptop. Going to try and do all my recording and video editing from it. Early Christmas. The firmware would be cool.

Edit:
Was just reading over the firmware specs for the FM9. Wonder what will make it to the FM3?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom