Anticipation of FM3 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s in beta 4 for the axe, I suppose they merge back the changes to the fm3 code. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if X-2 lands on 6.0 firmware, especially after the CPU optimizations they claimed on the latest axe firmware that are much more needed for the fm3
It seems that beta 4 does not have all amps verified. They'd be porting over amp sims with unverified changes (or lack of changes?), who knows what general bugs that maybe haven't been caught yet... Then have to deal with more fm3 specific updates than otherwise/users being more likely to be stuck with some major bug for longer if they'd wanna be on 6.0 beta, receiving the "extra" bugs along with 6.0 update that includes so much else.

Last edited:
I’m in no hurry for a new firmware release. The current firmware has been stable and it sounds incredible. I know I’m in the minority.
I think those that are “in a hurry” are the minority. If they really exist at all. Just because someone makes a comment when they’re told a release is pending and it jumps from version 5.03 to 6.0 being a little interested and pondering what may be improved/added is completely logical and normal. Very, very few people have actually gone down the road that the sound quality is a problem. I think most are hoping that DSP load can be reduced without hindering anything. Finally, when the man himself @FractalAudio and the FAS team is still working on improving this little beast then it is also logical to conclude, that it in fact, can.

Last edited:
It's almost always about something being shiny. Very occasionally it's because someone had a bug that'd been addressed in a particular firmware.

I have that affliction with power tools, but generally not with firmware updates (I finally got around to installing 5.03 a week ago). It sure would be cheaper if it were the other way around...

I think those that are “in a hurry” are the minority. If they really exist at all. Just because someone makes a comment when they’re told a release is pending and it jumps from version 5.03 to 6.0 being a little interested and pondering what may be improved/added is completely logical and normal. Very, very few people have actually gone down the road that the sound quality is a problem. I think most are hoping that DSP load can be reduced without hindering anything. Finally, when the man himself @FractalAudio and the FAS team is still working on improving this little beast then it is also logical to conclude, that it in fact, can.
Agree. It's very similar to how you see news reported for some "hot button" issue; a couple of people off the street don't constitute a large demographic. You also see it in customer service and product reviews; satisfied people most often don't leave feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom