Antares ATG-1 as a controller for the Axe FX XL+

michaiel

Does anybody have a thread started about using the Antares ATG-1 as a scene and bank controller for live use?
I haven't found anything on the internet or this forum yet....

I use a TC Electronics VoiceLive3 as my XL+ controller.

To figure it out, in my case, it took a deep'ish understanding of Midi messages and an understanding of how the Fractal is controlled via Midi. In my case I used the Fractal's midi operation of external controllers and the ability to change scenes via midi.

I used MidiOx on a Windows PC to figure it out.

With the TC midi out hooked up to the PC, I started pressing footswitches to see what midi was being output.

Then I used the learn mode of the Fractal to assign TC footswitches to Fractal controllers. etc.

I'm afraid it was a deep dive but it works great.

MIDI Still scares the bejeezes out of me.
...and it sucks that Antares is giving up on this technology...it all needs the software update we will never receive.....perhaps Line 6 will make the needed changes in Variax to bring it closer to what Antares had...or if Cliff had some kind of pitch-related epiphany in between brewskis

Last edited:
I use a TC Electronics VoiceLive3 as my XL+ controller.

To figure it out, in my case, it took a deep'ish understanding of Midi messages and an understanding of how the Fractal is controlled via Midi. In my case I used the Fractal's midi operation of external controllers and the ability to change scenes via midi.

I used MidiOx on a Windows PC to figure it out.

With the TC midi out hooked up to the PC, I started pressing footswitches to see what midi was being output.

Then I used the learn mode of the Fractal to assign TC footswitches to Fractal controllers. etc.

I'm afraid it was a deep dive but it works great.

Yea....I figured I was in for learning lesson as well...Thanks for info...

MIDI Still scares the bejeezes out of me.
...and it sucks that Antares is giving up on this technology...it all needs the software update we will never receive.....perhaps Line 6 will make the needed changes in Variax to bring it closer to what Antares had...or if Cliff had some kind of pitch-related epiphany in between brewskis

Like Barthrecords said just have to wrap our heads around implementing Midi CC with the two devices...
Henrik at Antarestech is the one who could enlighten us on what to expect, but he is not returning phone calls...

I did finally get a reply on their forum.....

"Did call back just now, but may have gotten the wrong number. Please email support if you want to get in touch with me.
The current software (v3.32) is not going to stop working. There will simply be no more updates to the software. Keep in mind that this version has been out almost two years and is working as intended."

I am going to try and see if I can get the open source code for the editor and see if it is possible for future OS....

Back
Top Bottom