Another V10 Preview

So with each Modeling breakthrough does it become necessary to re-match the amps on your end?
-or do you have all the necessary samples stored?

you're killing us here, cliff!

..but are these new amp models coming out or are these showcases of new tonematch capabilities as asked by mmcm4?

Here's another demo. In this one I'm comparing a block letter 5150 to the model. The tone controls are at 0-10-0, then 10-0-10 and then 5-5-5. So the matching isn't just a snapshot at some particular settings but valid over the entire range of all the controls.

www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/v10_tone_demo.mp3

Are the amp block settings based on the real amp having the dials at the 12 o'clock position (5-5-5)?

In other words, say that I decided to use the 5150 model in the Axe FX-2 and put all the dials at the 12 o'clock position(5-5-5). Would it sound like a real 5150 with all the dials at the 12 o'clock position (5-5-5) or would it sound like the dials were at a different setting (7-3-9 for example)?

Are the amp block settings based on the real amp having the dials at the 12 o'clock position (5-5-5)?

In other words, say that I decided to use the 5150 model in the Axe FX-2 and put all the dials at the 12 o'clock position(5-5-5). Would it sound like a real 5150 with all the dials at the 12 o'clock position (5-5-5) or would it sound like the dials were at a different setting (7-3-9 for example)?
From earlier in the thread:

And the really killer part... ALL the knobs behave exactly like the actual amp

Hahaha! I really crossed my fingers and hoped that the second clip of the bassman was the axe since I liked that a wee bit more. Great and WICKED!

from the master himself:

And the really killer part... ALL the knobs behave exactly like the actual amp

I would suggest that Cliff not tell us which is what. I had it right 2 times in a row, but I was an engineer in a past life. Of course who cares what the general folk believe because for the most part "we" are all wrong. I mean that if we took a poll amongst the normal users, we would probably reach close to a 50 percentile accuracy rating. My opinion was that even though I knew which was modeled each time, I liked the modeled version better, (other than the very, very, very subtle openness of the original).

In regards to the subtleties of the gain and reaction to the original amp. I have to agree that this is voodoo magic whole milk quality. Also, I'm simply amazed at the fact that an amp can be modeled to copy the eq curves with the same authentic tonestack as the original amp. Very cool.

Don't want my brown lipstick to rub off too much so ... "bite me Cliff"... :)

That modded Bassman model sounds very interesting ..... nice to have a modded Fender amp that sounds different from an early Mesa Boogie (based on a Princeton modded wasn't it?) .... and different to an early Marshall (originally another Bassman mod I believe?).

both clips... so freakin' close. without really concentrating on them no one could ever tell a difference.

I think this is not a new model. I think Cliff re-matched the 65 Bassman that is already in there. As far as I remember it was modeled after Dweezils amp.

Here's another demo. In this one I'm comparing a block letter 5150 to the model. The tone controls are at 0-10-0, then 10-0-10 and then 5-5-5. So the matching isn't just a snapshot at some particular settings but valid over the entire range of all the controls.

www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/v10_tone_demo.mp3

That is the closest I've heard to date - really no difference in them at any of the settings! Superbly done!

In the first example the actual amp sounds a little bit more unpredictable in a pleasing way, but your model of it sounds fantastic. Is it a little more difficult to model lower gain than higher gain amps?

you're killing us here, cliff!

..but are these new amp models coming out or are these showcases of new tonematch capabilities as asked by mmcm4?

This is dynamics matching on the internal models. Not tone matching using the TMA block. The tone match block isn't what he's showing you here.

I'm stunned at how great this sounds. What an exciting time for me to become an Axe II owner (not even a month now).

Sounds terrific!

On the first example, the first section sounded a bit more hairy to me, which made me think the second clip is the axe. Axe one had more compressed sound. Something I noticed on many axe clips. Not a bad thing but actually a good thing since our goal IS to make our amp sound good to our listeners.

Back
Top Bottom