Another V10 Preview II

I liked that sound.
I had to hear it 3 times to spot that there was a difference.
First one is a tad warmer... But the eq would take care of that. I do not know which is which. I would never hear a diffrence with 30 sec between, and deff not in a mix.

Anyway: Fantastic and i can`t say if one is more "real" than the other. Both could be Axe or JCM800 with a little change of eq.

Last edited:
I'm betting #2 is Axe. Anyone want to take me up on it? LOL...

Both sound great but whats even better is the acronym...I like the "MIMIC". I also miss my JCM800 so thanks for that.

My guess is the first clip is the real amp. I can ear subtle harmonics sparkle in the first clip that are less obvious to my ears in the second clip. But both sound good anyway, so I don't really care which one is the real deal...and yes, those JCM800 can be loud as hell!!!

This will be my first Axe II update and now i can actually feel what other owners go through when there is an update coming up :D
Its difficult to tell one from the other in a solo track...put them in a mix and i cant even imagine how close they will sound.

That was incredible! :eek:

The part I like in these clips have turned out to be the axe-fx. So this time since I like the first part better I'm guessing it is the axe

MIMIC (Multipoint Iterative Matching and Impedance Correction)
mimic_poster.jpg

For Thousands of years, Man has been Evolution's greates creation...
Until now.
AxeFX

Last edited:
I liked the first clip better. I can't really tell the difference but it seems to me that the cleaner parts have more hi-end content.
On the other hand, I used a cheap pair of headphones, so I could be wrong...
As to which one is the axe... Well, I hope it's the first clip!

sounds good, i remember my old jcm800 i bought new (well my dad did) in the 80's, it was the 100 watt, still to this day the loudest amp i've ever heard... painfully loud.

I think cliff is pulling my leg...theyre both the axe or both the marshall.... I've listened and jumped back and forth for five minutes....I'd say second.. but hell theyre identical..

Back
Top Bottom