Another Strat bridge\saddle\tremolo question

The spacing is 10.8mm on the standard and 10.5mm on the narrow . Vintage strat is 11.2mm. The 10.8 is almost exactly the same as you have now.

The spacing is 10.8mm on the standard and 10.5mm on the narrow . Vintage strat is 11.2mm. The 10.8 is almost exactly the same as you have now.
What is the difference between the 510TS-FE1 vs 510T-FE1 . Is the S for shallow block? I do want the lower tension.
I have the pop in tremolo arm. Do these? They seem to be screw in.

Last edited:
My American Std Strat has those same offset screw saddles like that. Mine are slightly angled like that too. It's always bugged me aesthetically, but doesn't seem to cause any other issues. I've always been more irritated by the wobbly screw in tremolo arm in mine. It needs a bushing something awful.

2 7/32" is the spec'd stud spacing on Fender USA two post tremolos. It's the same spacing as the outer two screws on the 6 screw vintage tremolos.
Mine is a pop in tremolo. Still trying to understand the differences in the Gotohs. I play and setup my own guitars but I do not take them apart, well except for changing pickups now and then.

Last edited:
The S is for Steel Block. That one is more traditionally shaped. https://g-gotoh.com/images/pdf/510TS-FE1-Dim.pdf

The 510T-FE1 has a zinc block with the angled slots. https://g-gotoh.com/images/pdf/510T-FE1-Dim.pdf

Both will require widening the Fender tremolo route a tiny bit on the treble side to fit around the nut that holds the trem arm socket in place. Doesn't take much and is not really visible once installed.

TBH I have played Strats forever and the tremolo bar stays in the case. Just something I never used and never will. Weir maybe, but that's me.
But I would want it to be functional.................
I have always used 5 springs with the bridge flat on the body. Habit I got into, oh, 40+ years ago. That was one of the reasons I purchased the PRS S2 Sc McCarty 594- didn't want a tremolo. Not the whole reason, but part of it
Thanks

Here's a couple of pics I found that show the extra cut needed for the Gotoh 510 trems.
gbxzsmh.jpg

Uv6cdEJ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom