Another stereo setup question

Billbill

Power User
I plan to get a second PPC212 Orange cab for a wider fuller stereo image. Currently running from output1/L of axe into "channel A" on the gt1000fx, then obviously to the cab. (Plan to switch to out2 for separate EQ functions)
When I install the second cab do I need to also use axe out1/L AND output1/R into the matrix channels A&B as well then from matrix A&B's to each cab?
How is this different than just using axe out1/L to matrix channel A, like I am now but when I add second cab simply running the cab from matrix channel B?

I plan to get a second PPC212 Orange cab for a wider fuller stereo image. Currently running from output1/L of axe into "channel A" on the gt1000fx, then obviously to the cab. (Plan to switch to out2 for separate EQ functions)
When I install the second cab do I need to also use axe out1/L AND output1/R into the matrix channels A&B as well then from matrix A&B's to each cab?
How is this different than just using axe out1/L to matrix channel A, like I am now but when I add second cab simply running the cab from matrix channel B?
Out L/R = stereo (when the Axe is set to stereo), Out L (or R) only = mono

A stereo signal is 2 separate mono signals.

Output 1 Left is sending just the Left “information.” If you only have Left information going to the amp, a 2nd Cab will also only have Left information from the Axe.

You need to get the Right side information to the amp as well.

Output 1 Left is not a stereo signal.

Ok so my machine is set to stereo already but imwill need both outputs from axe going into the matrix then correct?
If I switch to out2, Can stereo signal still come out from axe output2 L/R?

Ok so my machine is set to stereo already but imwill need both outputs from axe going into the matrix then correct?
If I switch to out2, Can stereo signal still come out from axe output2 L/R?
I don’t mean to come across rude or anything, but you understand what the “L” and “R” mean in “Out 1 L/R”? It is as straightforward as it seems.

I don’t mean to come across rude or anything, but you understand what the “L” and “R” mean in “Out 1 L/R”? It is as straightforward as it seems.
I wouldn't say rude, but you did use the word "mean" a lot

I wouldn't say rude, but you did use the word "mean" a lot
I’m mean :)

Yes, output 2 can have a stereo signal. Output 2 left would be the left signal, output 2 right would be the right. Thus, sending a left signal to a left input on the matrix and a right signal to the right input, and the matrix would send two mono signals out to separate cabinets, which would make a stereo Signal.

I’m mean :)

Yes, output 2 can have a stereo signal. Output 2 left would be the left signal, output 2 right would be the right. Thus, sending a left signal to a left input on the matrix and a right signal to the right input, and the matrix would send two mono signals out to separate cabinets, which would make a stereo Signal.
Ok cool thanks!

Back
Top Bottom