Another "Saw Vai Last Nite" Post

CodePoet

Fractal Fanatic
Rolled up to the venue in ATL and see a Fractal Audio T-Shirt walking by -- it's Mr. Solo-Of-The-Week - ccroyalsenders. Fun to meet a fellow forum member and chat with him for a bit.

Vai was awesome as always. Had a signal feeding his Axe-Fx II all night.

Posted a few shots from the show here...

20120823_210828_40_0035.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting there are some good shots there. What I would love to know what is wired to what and if and how he is using the various bits of gear.

Thanks for posting there are some good shots there. What I would love to know what is wired to what and if and how he is using the various bits of gear.

Go to the Premier Guitar mag site - they recently did a few videos of his studio and rig and he goest through things. The Axe-Fx II is being used for FX.

Some shots looked as if they didn't have a ton of light and you still had good results.

Here are my crowd concert shooting tips: For a point & shoot in the low light, you have to crank up the ISO and live with the noise. Expose for the highlights (faces) and try to get the shutter speed up to around 1/200 or higher. Shoot a lot of shots and maybe a few will come out. I did pretty well at the Vai show to get a handful of good ones.

Go to the Premier Guitar mag site - they recently did a few videos of his studio and rig and he goest through things. The Axe-Fx II is being used for FX.
Yes, I have seen those, I posted a thread on the forum to the rig rundown they did, but I am more interested in what runs into what exactly rather than a list of kit. More like a schematic really, the Legacy 3 has two loops, which is used or are both and how? Not that I will duplicate it but just that I find it interesting.

Rolled up to the venue in ATL and see a Fractal Audio T-Shirt walking by -- it's Mr. Solo-Of-The-Week - ccroyalsenders. Fun to meet a fellow forum member and chat with him for a bit.

Vai was awesome as always. Had a signal feeding his Axe-Fx II all night.

Posted a few shots from the show here...

These are killer shots. What a show. Incredible stuff...was lucky enough to meet and chat with Jeremy and snag a quick photo with Vai after the show.

Enjoyed running into you. Pretty funny that you were driving up right as we were walking past the parking garage. Glad we got a chance to chat before everything got incredibly loud!

These are killer shots. What a show. Incredible stuff...was lucky enough to meet and chat with Jeremy and snag a quick photo with Vai after the show.
Enjoyed running into you. Pretty funny that you were driving up right as we were walking past the parking garage. Glad we got a chance to chat before everything got incredibly loud!

Awesome you got a photo with Vai - I hung around after a G3 show a while back and got a photo. My (Bonamassa-looking) buddy brought his very pregnant wife, so had to split after the show :). Let me know if you're going to see Eric Johnson or anything else cool.

I'll be at EJ at Variety and Jimmy Herring at Variety. May go see Slash w/Myles Kennedy, pretty much just to see SCOM haha

Back
Top Bottom