Another Question for Liquid Foot Pro Users - IA Hold vs Momentary Switches

atquinn

Power User
I have 1 sec IA hold turned on on my LFP. This IA Hold seems to be incompatible with momentary switches that are intended to be held down for more than 1 second. So, say I have a "special effect" Pitch 2 IA that I want to be active only for a few seconds while I am stepping on the switch. With IA hold down, what happens is it triggers the IA on the page below the one I am on instead of just performing the function of the momentary switch as programmed. Is this what other LFP users have found? If there's no way around this, it means I am going to have to probably turn off IA hold (which is going to take away some fancy X/Y switching functionality) in order to program some momentary switches.
-
Austin

IA hold is the length of time before a secondary function of a switch occurs. Try setting it to trigger rather than toggle it may help with what you are attempting.

Let me clarify. On page 0, I have a Drive1 on/off IA switch that is in stomp mode. On the page "behind" it (page 1), I have a Drive1 XY switch in stomp mode. I have 1 sec IA hold enabled in the global menu. So when I am on page 0 and I step on Drive 1 for a sec, it activates the switch behind it on page 1 and switch from Drive1 X to Drive1 Y. This is exactly how the IA Hold function is supposed to work on the LFP, no issue there.

However, on page 0, I also have a Pitch2 block configured to simulate a dive bomb in some patches. I want this to only be active when I hold the switch down and then to turn off when I take my foot off the switch. So, in this case I would want to progam it as a momentary switch. However, if I hold the switch down for more than 1 second, since IA hold 1 sec is on, it tries to trigger the switch behind it on page 1 instead of just functioning as a momentary switch.

So my questions are:
1) Is this expected behavior? It seems like it kind of is. But it also seems like the LFP should be smart enough to automatically disable the IA hold feature if the switch type is set to momentary
2) If this is expected behavior, is it possible to override it on a switch-by-switch basis or somehow work around it so I can have use IA hold and mometary switches?

In actuality, I'm only using a couple momentary switches, so it's something I could sacrifice, but it seems like a unit this advanced would allow you to do both?
-
Austin

My best suggestion maybe is to look at Dynamic IA slots, explained page 54 of the LF manual.

Just curious have you considered an expression pedal work instead for the pitch block ?

You are referring to the Liquid Foot+ series. I am talking about the original Liquid Foot Pro, where dynamic IA's do not exist. And yes, I could use an expression pedal for the pitch block, but that's just as example of the problem. The same thing would happen if I tried to set the Looper Record to momentary so that it would record only when I was holding it down (which I actually don't want to do, but you get the idea).
-
Austin

1) Is this expected behavior? It seems like it kind of is. But it also seems like the LFP should be smart enough to automatically disable the IA hold feature if the switch type is set to momentary
I think you can ask Jeff to add this feature in a firmware release.

I think you can ask Jeff to add this feature in a firmware release.

I could, but I don't really think it would be reasonable for me to do that since, after all, the LFP is discontinued and superseded by superior products. At this point, I'm just trying to confirm that what I'm seeing is how the unit is "supposed" to work as opposed to some sort of glitch in my unit/incompetence on my part. :D
-
Austin

I don't have the LF Pro anymore (now the LF+Pro+), but IMHO you can't combine both, you have to choose unfortunally.

If you need to hold this button > 2 sec, then I suggest you make a stomp button and hit it ON and OFF

I don't have the LF Pro anymore (now the LF+Pro+), but IMHO you can't combine both, you have to choose unfortunally.

If you need to hold this button > 2 sec, then I suggest you make a stomp button and hit it ON and OFF

Thanks for the confirmation. And also, thank you very much for your wonderful Liquid Foot tutorial website. I was able to completely get my LFP setup using the information there almost exclusively. I'm just working on bells and whistles now. Even though it is in a relatively crude form compared to the LF+ series, the page feature is great to have.
-
Austin

Back
Top Bottom