Another question for Cliff re: Mark V

I have a Mark V. The Mark V is just a "greatest hits" of the Mark series. You can already do everything it can do with the available models.

Hey Cliff, what about the Mark V Extreme setting? How would you recommend dialing in that sound? Is that mode just a boosted Mark IV red sound or something?

I wondered about that. One of my brothers had a Mark V and we thought the same thing. Between that and the fact that it had about a million relays to rearrange the circuitry, it looked like a maintenance problem waiting to happen, so he dumped it almost immediately.

Indeed. From Wikipedia:

<<
[h=2]Mark V[/h]The Mark V was introduced as the pinnacle of Mark Series innovations in early 2009. Much like its close cousin, the Triaxis Preamp, it features many voicings based on previous Mark Series amplifiers. It has three distinct channels, much like the 3 channel Dual Rectifiers, each with their own three band tone stack, gain, master, and presence controls. Each channel also has three modes, which control several of the amplifier's 49 relays to mirror the circuit it is modeling. Channel 1, or the clean channel features a Clean mode, based on Rhythm 1 of the Mark IV, Fat mode, which is taken from the Lone Star Classic, and Tweed mode, which boosts the gain into medium breakup, much like the amplifiers of its namesake. Channel 2 features Edge, which pays homage to various British circuits, particularly the Vox AC30, and Marshall JTM, Crunch, which is a lower-gain, looser version of the IIC+'s lead mode, and Mark 1 which is an exact replication of the original amplifier's Input 1 circuitry. Channel 3 includes the IIC+ mode, which is a faithful recreation of the elusive "Liquid Lead" tone, the IV mode, which is a Mark IV with the presence shift pulled out, and Extreme, which is a Mark IV with the presence shift pushed in.
The Mark V introduces for the first time, a channel-assignable graphic EQ. Older Boogies were equipped with graphic equalizers, but did not allow the flexibility that the Mark V's does. Each channel has a toggle switch able to select between active, off, or footswitched. Similar to the Express, and F-series amplifiers, the graphic EQ also features channel-assignable contour knobs.
The Mark V, similar to its predecessor, comes standard in a Simul-class format, but with a twist. Early Simul-class power amps were configured for SC-75 watt operation, or A-15 watt operation, or an increase of 10 watts when in pentode mode. The Mark V is biased warmer to produce an output of SC-90 watts, AB-45 watts, and Single-Ended A-10 watts, similar to the Lone Star. Channel specific multi-watt toggles dictate the power amplifier's operation class.
Additional features include Recto-Tracking, with the included 5U4G dual diode, three discrete reverb level knobs for each channel, a Pentode-Triode switch for Simul-Class operation, a variac Power option (identical to the Rectifier's Bold/Spongy switch), output and solo controls, and a new 8-button footswitch. Many complaints have arisen regarding the exclusion of an in-built MIDI interface, which is also absent on many of Mesa's high-end products, with the exception of the Triaxis Preamp.
Since its release, the Mark V has become a highly successful high end amplifier.
Notable guitarists that use or have used Mark V amplifiers live or in the recording studio include John Petrucci, Mark Morton, Steve Lukather, Myles Kennedy, Michael Sweet, Eric Melvin of NOFX[SUP][2][/SUP] and Tony Rombola.
>>

Get your Stryper on, Mark V fans!

A perfect example of why Wikipedia would like to find a way to keep marketing weenies from posting/editing entries.

According to axefx wiki

The USA lead brt equal mark v channel 3 extreme mode

How do I recreate the mark iv pull shift that is mark v channel 3 mark iv mode on fw13

According to axefx wiki

The USA lead brt equal mark v channel 3 extreme mode

How do I recreate the mark iv pull shift that is mark v channel 3 mark iv mode on fw13

Where does it say that??

Here's what's in the release notes (fw 10) and wiki:

"Note that the models are modeled with the amp’s Pull Shift knob disengaged. To replicate the function of the Pull Shift, set the Depth to zero"

http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2...l_models#USA_LEAD_.28based_on_Mesa_Mark_IV.29

it would be really great if we had all the models in Axe matched to the real life mark IV in wiki... i mean what + and BRT are on the real amp. I read the wiki but it got me confused a little bit. as far as I understood, the + means the FAT pull on GAIN KNOB on real amp, but I think I remember switching the MID FAT on Axe FX is equl to that knob on the real amp...maybe i am wrong. elaborations would be great

The release notes and wiki are quite clear IMHO.

LEAD: no Mid Gain
LEAD+ : Mid Gain
LEAD BRT : pulled Bright
LEAD BRT + : Mid Gain and pulled Bright

Firmware 10 release notes: "All Mesa Mark lead models have been reworked and renamed for clarity. Note that the models are modeled with the amp’s Pull Shift knob disengaged. To replicate the function of the Pull Shift, set the Depth to zero"

Cliff: "Everything but the presence shift is there. There are different models for Mid Gain and Bright. To get both you would use the USA Lead Brt + model"

Thanks yek, I already saw that but...
The Mark IV has a switch that you can select between HARMONICS and MID GAIN switch. the confusing part is about the +...is it about that switch or is it about the FAT pull on the main gain knob on the amp. I mean when i chose LEAD + does it mean that it's the amp with the Gain Knob Pulled or does it mean that the switch is on MID GAIN and the HARMONICS is off...hope it's clear :)

I think "+" equal mid gain turn on, you can turn on fat switch on axe fx equal pull fat on mark iv gain knob

My question is
Does USA lead brt equal pull bright "pull" on lead drive knob and pull shift "pull" on presence knob

Back
Top Bottom