Another option for external switches

Nice! How is it for accidental stomping of the board-mounted switches when you're reaching for SW1-SW6?

Nice! How is it for accidental stomping of the board-mounted switches when you're reaching for SW1-SW6?

So far it hasn't been an issue. Due to the angle of the Novo it allows your foot to clear the switches when your heel is on the ground and your toe is hitting anything on the FC first row. When I had the FC flat on the floor and used external housing it was definitely an issue with accidentally hitting the switches. These switches are also fairly tall and currently installed at full height. So you could even reduce their height if needed or get shorter switches. But based on my testing I don't think I will need to change anything with them.

Probably additionally one each into pedals 3 and 4?? (or a head fake or switch block already had six - LOL)

I thought of doing that but on pedals on back of FX III - itself leaving pedals 2,3,4, on FC6 for pots (a la Leon)

But if I understand, those “pedal” inputs (3 & 4 as you say) are only able to be “expression” rather than “stand in switches”?

Correct can't use for stand in

but they still come in handy for "assign to what ever" just like any MIDI CC for mainly discrete parameters (e.g. Input boost, bypass, fat, reverb hold, .....) but if you like to go NUTS you can assign it to min/max a parameter (e.g., mix, compression, ...) set up the FX III Pedal input to be a a switch in the I/O page and on the FC in the FC controllers page

Back
Top Bottom