Another new guy :)

Saniell

Hello everybody,

For a long time have I played with the idea of buying a Fractal device. I used to have a Helix LT...served me really good. I am a "bedroom" player who likes a bit gained up sounds (Mesa, Marshall). Helix has a good Mesa Mark and Friedman sim, which is what I mostly used...and when ever I watched youtube videos of comparisons between Helix and Fractal, the conclusion was, yeah, Fractal is better but you can get really close with the Helix. So based on that I wasn't ready to make that costly upgrade.
Then, two months ago, a friend of mine bought an Axe 2 Mk2....and I had the chance to try it for a few days. And I was like WHAT? This sounds great! So many Marshalls...and they are actually usable. So I started looking for a used Axe 2 Mk2....I could cover that with the sale of the Helix. But then I started reading about Axe 3, FM3....and ya'll said that Axe 3/FM3 is way better than Axe 2. So I started considering used FM3...which costed more. As much as the new one.
So I had a look at the G66 web site....FM3 sold out. FM9 in stock. So I cursed for two day's, thought, rethought, made up reasons for spending so much more on the FM9 (2400 Euro)...In the end I asked my wife, what should I do? She said "get the FM9". So here I am, playing on the FM9.

Sorry if that was a bit long winded :)

Cheers!

P.S. English is not my first language.

Hello everybody,

For a long time have I played with the idea of buying a Fractal device. I used to have a Helix LT...served me really good. I am a "bedroom" player who likes a bit gained up sounds (Mesa, Marshall). Helix has a good Mesa Mark and Friedman sim, which is what I mostly used...and when ever I watched youtube videos of comparisons between Helix and Fractal, the conclusion was, yeah, Fractal is better but you can get really close with the Helix. So based on that I wasn't ready to make that costly upgrade.
Then, two months ago, a friend of mine bought an Axe 2 Mk2....and I had the chance to try it for a few days. And I was like WHAT? This sounds great! So many Marshalls...and they are actually usable. So I started looking for a used Axe 2 Mk2....I could cover that with the sale of the Helix. But then I started reading about Axe 3, FM3....and ya'll said that Axe 3/FM3 is way better than Axe 2. So I started considering used FM3...which costed more. As much as the new one.
So I had a look at the G66 web site....FM3 sold out. FM9 in stock. So I cursed for two day's, thought, rethought, made up reasons for spending so much more on the FM9 (2400 Euro)...In the end I asked my wife, what should I do? She said "get the FM9". So here I am, playing on the FM9.

Cheers!

Lol.....your wife is a smart woman! I always say, "buy once, cry once". You won't regret it......congrats and enjoy!

Hello everybody,

Cheers!

Wilkommen, bienvenu, welcome!
Come on in!

Hello everybody,

Cheers!

Welcome and let us know when you need help or have questions.

Welcome to the fold!

Your wife is a saint for allowing you make the right choice :p. The FM9 will serve you well and there are plenty of good people here that are always willing to help. Couple that with what seems like an unlimited amount of Youtube vids, you have a lot of knowledge that will allow you to unlock the many doors of the FAS world!

Looks like you made a pretty good decision with both units !!!!

Back
Top Bottom