Another midi issue --> display on MFC not matching Axe XL display..

Georgy

Inspired
Hey guys,

Maybe it's my MFC? Maybe it's my Axe 2 XL? Or maybe it's just me?

Not sure why this is happening but it's frustrating..

Here's what I'm doing:
Using my XL + MFC 101-iii to send MIDI msg's to my amp.. it's basically changing channels on my amp which is pretty cool. I've tested this and it works. It will actually work with and without a MIDI cable plugged in from the MFC to the XL, but there's obviously a MIDI cable going from the XL to the amp (it's sending the change msg's via the expansion port cable). So far so good.

BUT, the issue is, even though I have various FX in the overall signal chain of this preset, none of those FX illuminate on the MFC101-iii, AND on top of this, the MFC display doesn't actually display the name of that particular preset either?? WTF?! The MFC only displays 001 and that's it. I'm hoping it's a simple error and simple fix on my part, but it's driving me crazy!!

I'm not new to this, but like many of us, we learn new things all the time.. but this has got me guessing.

Any help or input is appreciated. I've watched Chris' (KK Media) videos on how to setup the MFC, so that's not the issue..

Thanks guys.

Was the MFC working normally and showing names & effects states at some point before this?

Have you checked the "Axe-FX Mode" setting on the MFC?

Back
Top Bottom