Another IEM Question

Jipps0525

Power User
For the past two rehearsals, my in ear monitors have only been coming out of one side. I don’t remember having this issue in the past. And if I plug my in ears into the head phones jack of the FM3 just to mess around at home, both sides produce sound. So I think they work properly. Unplugged and plugged back into my pack several times. Something on the board or mixer I need to do/check?

The mixer is the first thing to check. Make sure it's receiving a stereo signal, and make sure it's sending a stereo signal to your IEMs.

If not the mixer, check your transmitter - some like my Carvin have stereo or dual mono options...and then you have to have it right on the receiver pack as well...

Chances are you’re either not receiving the other side from the mixer, or the body pack is panned hard side

Even if my patch is run in mono?
Yes.

If you're only sending one side to the house, you have to make that up in the mixer to get the other side going.

On the other hand, if "run in mono" means sending an identical mono signal to both left and right, then you have to find out where the other channel is dying, and that means looking in and around the mixer.

thanks for the responses everyone, got a super busy weekend but i plan to do some troubleshooting early next week and will come back here :)

Back
Top Bottom