Another happy FM3 owner

davidpri1987

Hello, this is my first time posting here. I am David from Spain. I own my Fractal FM3 for nearly a month and I wanted to share my impressions:

First of all, I come from an HX Stomp, and it was sooo dissapointing to me for two main reasons:

a) when you first turn it on and go through some presets playing some chords and licks, you inmediately think "this is rubbish". Then you start tweaking here and there and it gets a bit better (possibly), (But I really think it is your mind that gets used to it). Anyway, this unit got me tweaking my presets literally for months and I was never happy.
b) Definitely, to me, the sound is great but the playing experience is not good at all. I mean, Helix is not reponsive enough to pick attack. Pick sensations are way far from real amps. When you pick a string you feel that "string stiffness".

So I decided to get rid of it and purchase a Fractal FM3

It is more "plug and play" than I initially thought. You select an amp, a cab, adjust gain, adjust low and high end and.... wonderful sound!!!!

The pick-string feeling is amazing, I do not know if it is 100% real but it is pleasant. The pick response is inmediate and agile, and, this is the best part, you completely forget about the fact that you are using an amp modeler. You can just focus on create presets based on your favourite amps and..... play!!! The amount of IRs is a bit overwhelming but I believe I am going to choose my 5-6 most natural sounding ones and combine them with the appropiate amp, otherwise you can get lost in the "dark tweaking" side.

Seriously, this unit is excelent. It definitely changed my mind about digital modelers. I do not need tube amps anymore and also, firmware is constantly evolving and getting better and better. That is crazy.

Yeah its not 100% real but I enjoy playing it too, feels way better than the Helix units I owned before, and Love recording with the edit software.
Thanks for sharing from Europe..

Hello, this is my first time posting here. I am David from Spain. I own my Fractal FM3 for nearly a month and I wanted to share my impressions:

First of all, I come from an HX Stomp, and it was sooo dissapointing to me for two main reasons:

a) when you first turn it on and go through some presets playing some chords and licks, you inmediately think "this is rubbish". Then you start tweaking here and there and it gets a bit better (possibly), (But I really think it is your mind that gets used to it). Anyway, this unit got me tweaking my presets literally for months and I was never happy.
b) Definitely, to me, the sound is great but the playing experience is not good at all. I mean, Helix is not reponsive enough to pick attack. Pick sensations are way far from real amps. When you pick a string you feel that "string stiffness".

So I decided to get rid of it and purchase a Fractal FM3

It is more "plug and play" than I initially thought. You select an amp, a cab, adjust gain, adjust low and high end and.... wonderful sound!!!!

The pick-string feeling is amazing, I do not know if it is 100% real but it is pleasant. The pick response is inmediate and agile, and, this is the best part, you completely forget about the fact that you are using an amp modeler. You can just focus on create presets based on your favourite amps and..... play!!! The amount of IRs is a bit overwhelming but I believe I am going to choose my 5-6 most natural sounding ones and combine them with the appropiate amp, otherwise you can get lost in the "dark tweaking" side.

Seriously, this unit is excelent. It definitely changed my mind about digital modelers. I do not need tube amps anymore and also, firmware is constantly evolving and getting better and better. That is crazy.
I hope to have a similar experience tonight.

Share your impressions!!!
It seems ok. But I haven’t preread the manuals and my XiTone cab hasn’t arrived. So I’m using headphones-which I’m not a fan of.
First thing is to figure out how to change the output so I can plug it into a Marshall Code with all the modeling turned off. Yes it will probably sound bad without major tweaking -but at least it’s not headphones.
I have a lot to read (and try) to get it set to where I want it.
For me it will be mostly boost / overdive -amp- speaker
Not many presets but I’ll get into the deep editing to get it the way I want it to sound.
Going to take some time.
Once the XiTone cab arrives and I tweak it as far as I can I’ll report back!

It seems ok. But I haven’t preread the manuals and my XiTone cab hasn’t arrived. So I’m using headphones-which I’m not a fan of.
First thing is to figure out how to change the output so I can plug it into a Marshall Code with all the modeling turned off. Yes it will probably sound bad without major tweaking -but at least it’s not headphones.
I have a lot to read (and try) to get it set to where I want it.
For me it will be mostly boost / overdive -amp- speaker
Not many presets but I’ll get into the deep editing to get it the way I want it to sound.
Going to take some time.
Once the XiTone cab arrives and I tweak it as far as I can I’ll report back!

I'd suggest running into the FX loop return of the Code and leave the modeling on.

Back
Top Bottom