Another FRFR - GR Guitar AT G112A

The AT G210A ST from GR Guitar is a great-looking, lightweight, stereo-capable, powered speaker system.

The carbon-fiber enclosure of the AT G210A ST cuts the carry weight by almost 40% (!) - from 28.6 lbs in the wooden cab version down to 17.6 lbs for the carbon-fiber version.

AT-G210A-AT-G210P-AT-G210A-ST-side-640x424.png

However, according to GR Guitar's web site, the SICA 10" raw frame speakers used in the AT G210A ST are "dual cone" drivers, not "coaxial."

These drivers are likely to be the SICA 10 D 1,5 CS woofers - clink the link for specs.

Austin Guitar House (Texas, US) has them listed for US$1299 each.

And...it is here! Super-light weight, a bit bigger than I expected, but ok there are two 10"-speakers in it.
Cab looks very cool with the carbon housing, Italian design, there ya go!
Gave it a test drive at very low bedroom volume aroung midnight in my flat and it sounded fantastic, even my wife noticed it. Can´t hide it from her now. Very musical and my CLRs sound harsh in comparison from what I remember, but I did not test them side by side. Probably because the G210A has less top end than the CLR, it goes to 16 kHz vs. 18 kHz for the CLR. Gonna take it to rehearsal today and see how it compares at gig volume. If it sounds as good at high volume I will take it to the gig tomorrow along with one of my CLRs.
Sorry for the crappy photos. BTW, no manual was included in the box, but who cares, I already had it downloaded anyway.
GR 1.jpgGR 2.jpgGR 3.jpg

The carbon-fiber enclosure of the AT G210A ST cuts the carry weight by almost 40% (!) - from 28.6 lbs in the wooden cab version down to 17.6 lbs for the carbon-fiber version.

However, according to GR Guitar's web site, the SICA 10" raw frame speakers used in the AT G210A ST are "dual cone" drivers, not "coaxial."

These drivers are likely to be the SICA 10 D 1,5 CS woofers - clink the link for specs.

the speakers in that link are coaxial. The two cones share a centerline.

European supplier had one (1) in stock and they sent it to my dealer. I gigged it yesterday in combination with a CLR Neo on top of it.
The CLR has a lot more thump, probably because of the 12" speaker. The G210A should go deeper according to the specs (60 Hz) but I guess that there is a roll-off before that. It sounds sweeter in the high-end than the CLR, again my guess because of the frequency range that goes up to 16kHz, so it sounds more like a guitar cab maybe. Haven´t used a guitar cab for years. It is Flat Response IMO but not Full Range. Maybe Full Guitar Range ;) .
I will order another one just because it is so light-weight and sounds more than good enough as a backline for me. It also is loud enough in comparison to the CLR. I have output on the FM9 at 10 o´clock and input and master around noon on the CLR. On the G210A I had to raise volume to about 3 o´clock to be on par with the CLR. Still lots of headroom left.

Hi everyone: Newbie here. Just wanted to see if there were any more insights/updates/mini-review on the GR series of amps. TIA!

The AT G210A ST from GR Guitar is a great-looking, lightweight, stereo-capable, powered speaker system.

That speaker is sexy!!

It seems like I´m having trouble with my now 2 cabs. At last rehearsal I was under the impression that the tweeters were cutting out from time to time...or maybe it was just too loud! But I don´t think I was imagining things. When I sat up the new cab on top of the one I already had I noticed immediatly that the "old" one was missing treble while the new one seemed trebly in comparison. I have to do some serious testing when I find time, was too tired after rehearsal.

the speakers in that link are coaxial. The two cones share a centerline.
In order to have coaxial speakers, you need to have at least two speakers with a common centerline. These are built from single speakers that have an extra cone (a “whizzer” cone).

Last edited:
It seems like I´m having trouble with my now 2 cabs. At last rehearsal I was under the impression that the tweeters were cutting out from time to time...or maybe it was just too loud! But I don´t think I was imagining things. When I sat up the new cab on top of the one I already had I noticed immediatly that the "old" one was missing treble while the new one seemed trebly in comparison.

Can you give us an update? I'm considering these because of their light weight. I'm very interested In how they are working for you.

Update: did test the cabs today for 1 hour playing guitar and music from the computer through them, I could not replicate the issue. I´ll keep watching this and will report if it happens again.
One thing I can say is that these cabs do not sound as good as my CLRs, maybe unfair comparison because the new speakers need to be broken in I guess. Anyways, the highs seem a bit harsh and not as detailed as in the CLRs. But for live backline use as intended good enough, especially considering the weight which is half the weight of the CLR Neos.

One thing I can say is that these cabs do not sound as good as my CLRs, maybe unfair comparison because the new speakers need to be broken in I guess. Anyways, the highs seem a bit harsh and not as detailed as in the CLRs.
I think that's to be expected. Putting a whizzer cone on a speaker isn't the same as actually having a separate high-frequency speaker.

But for live backline use as intended good enough, especially considering the weight which is half the weight of the CLR Neos.
I totally get the weight thing. ;)

In order to have coaxial speakers, you need to have at least two speakers with a common centerline. Theses are built from single speakers that have an extra cone (a “whizzer” cone).
Ah, could be a whizzer. On closer inspection I don't see specs for a second driver. I read your comment as saying they were 2-way but not coaxial. So, not 2-way just 2-coned.

If it doesn't have a high end driver you can't really compare it to a monitor that does. this was specifically designed for guitars in mind! any full range playback content from this solution is going to sound dull.

It does however fill a need in a certain need, being light weight and does sound pretty good! Personally I'm not to keen on the whole trunk look it has going on. It is different and I get that the designer was going for something to set it apart from a traditional cab look.

Ah, could be a whizzer. On closer inspection I don't see specs for a second driver. I read your comment as saying they were 2-way but not coaxial. So, not 2-way just 2-coned.
I think @xrist04 is right when he says:

Back
Top Bottom