Another Fan Story!

insalacom

Inspired
Last week Saturday, I un-boxed my AXE-FX II, I loaded the new firmware, and Bank A and realized there was NO fan at all. I emailed support and they emailed me Saturday, and told me to check and see if the cable popped off in transit. I checked and the cable was connected. I tried to move the fan with my finger and it was stuck to the side of its case ... it could not move. Support sent me out a new fan and I was going to install it today.

I removed the four nuts and tried the pull the fan up and off. All it did was stick to the threads on the bolt. I could only move it a little at a time, but I had to get it perfectly horizontal with the cover to do so. I was still only able to move it a little bit.

In doing this my finger hit the fan blade and it spun free. I realized that torquing down the fan must have made the case non-planer, distorting it and causing the binding.

I pushed the fan back down, and gently reattached the nuts only touching the washers. They have nylon locks so it's going anywhere. There was space at the bottom of one of the legs on the underside. If I had tightened that down, I would have re-stressed the case.

Spins free now!

Turned it on and the fan is whisper quiet (but I can hear it). So I didn't need the other fan.

Now I can finally PLAY!!!

What you got was the new 'silent' fan, when you contacted support they sent you one of the old 'noisy' ones :D

j/k :lol

Back
Top Bottom