Another drum software thread

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
Black Friday deals has me thinking about trying other drum software. I have only used Addictive Drums and have never really bonded with how to use it in song writing. The samples sound great no doubt. I am not a recording musician. This is purely for my own hobby purposes and want software that sounds decently good (nearly said double plus good...ok Orwell..) and more than anything is super easy/intuitive to use. Something that lends really well to a good workflow for getting ideas down rather than just scrolling hundreds of midi files to drag and drop.

EZ drummer 2 is currently on 40% off. Can anyone speak to EZ drummer vs say AD or offer any thoughts suggestions? much appreciated.

EZD is pretty darn good for a first Drum package. It is also designed to have an easy path to a good drum mix with built in effects and mixer, but you can route drum channels to your DAW channels for complete control when you want it.

Not being an expert on this subject I'm totally content with the free DrumMic'a VST plugin. How do EZ drummer an alike compare to this one ?

EZ Drummer has nice features and good sounding kits. One of the nicest features is Tap-to-Find whereas you use your keyboard (or pads) to tap out what you're looking for and it will match up by likely percentage. Superior 3 finally included the same feature on latest release. I laid down a convincing copy of Voodoo Child in a crazy short time frame.

that's great to know. Kind of what I'm after. I hear the beat more in my head so if I can scratch the idea down and have it search for similar patterns. boom.

You could also check out Native Instruments Stuff. Everything is 50% off till next week. I got Studio Drummer with Komplete 11 and it seems like an alternative to superior drummer to me. Worth a try.

I moved from Addictive Drums to SSD4 and it's a huge improvement. The CLA kits are amazing.

FxPansion BFD3 has way better samples than toontrack, I say better but they are actually worse, which makes them better. They sound real because they sound worse, and the drummers actually hit the drums like you would if they were playing, not like a science experiment.

Back
Top Bottom