Another convert to Fractal

frankgoodframes

Hi all,

[gushing review incoming]

First post! The past month has seen a lot of (great) gear pass through my hands. I'm recording an album and wanted to give myself the best chance possible to get quality guitar tones at home. First, it was a Helix Rack. A great-sounding piece of gear, but the physical size of it (with no footswitches) wasn't my thing (I do want to be able to quickly grab something and go play out again someday). As HX Stomps were sold out where I am, I tried an Iridium plus a Diezel VH4 v2 pedal. Not the sound I wanted and for the price-to-feature ratio, the combination was a bit underwhelming. So I decided to finally treat myself to a Fractal product after many, many years of wanting to try one.

My FM3 arrived yesterday and I could not stop playing long enough to get to the practice material my teacher has laid out for me. I love the sound in a way that I can't put into words. I'm fully aware that the mystique of a thing can influence a person's perception of it, but nothing can beat the Smile Test − two minutes in and I knew I'd found what I was looking for. Fractal has another lifer on their hands. I'll be slowly selling off what few effects pedals I have left and if I get anything new in the future, it'll be an FM9.

Special mention also goes to g66 here in Europe, whose customer service is five-plus stars.

Welcome and your initial experience was very similar to mine. Big smile on my face and wanting to run through all the presets, but kept switching to one and before I knew it I was playing it for 45 minutes. Congrats and get to those lessons…😉

Welcome and your initial experience was very similar to mine. Big smile on my face and wanting to run through all the presets, but kept switching to one and before I knew it I was playing it for 45 minutes. Congrats and get to those lessons…😉
I knew I wasn't the only one. :). Yes, I found my discipline again and am getting my reps in between making new presets :))

but nothing can beat the Smile Test − two minutes in and I knew I'd found what I was looking for. Fractal has another lifer on their hands. I'll be slowly selling off what few effects pedals I have left and if I get anything new in the future, it'll be an FM9.
this was my experience with fractal when i first entered the water with the AX8. Im now playing a FM3 amd FC6 in OMG9 layout.

Welcome

Back
Top Bottom