Another AxeFX Triumph

Sleestak

Power User
Last Saturday I performed in Portland, Oregon. It was the last stop on a quick tour of shows, and, like every other gig on this stint, we sold out the venue several days in advance. I had to do a bit of scrambling to squeeze a few extra guests into the show... glad that was even possible! The audio engineer was very interested in the AxeFX, and spent some time looking at my setup and asking questions. After the show they told me that was some of the best guitar tone they'd ever had the pleasure of mixing! The AxeFX is such an incredible piece of gear, and I'm always delighted with the response from the audio crew. It's also really great to have that tone onstage too!

Here's some fan-shot video from that show :

In addition to the guitar parts, I'm generating that sweeping chattering sound that kicks in during the second verse - especially prominent at 2:38. It's a sequenced wah and filter. There are people singing along all over the room, which is fun, if a little tonally ambiguous :)

Every time I gig with my AxeFX rig I have to smile. It's the biggest leap forward in power and tone that I have ever made. I absolutely love this system.

Last edited:
That must've been a really great show with awesome tone like that! Did you go DI into FOH?

Thanks! Yes, I'm sending both L and R channels from the AxeFX directly to FOH. I have a pair of cabs onstage for backline, but I don't use them at all shows. For this room, I wanted the extra presence that comes from having the cabinets behind me. For some shows, I just have the monitor engineer put me in the wedges / side fills, and go without any cabinets onstage. I probably could have done that for this show, as they had very nice EAW wedges across the stage. But by the time I had discovered that, my gear was already inside... once we've gone to the trouble of bringing it in, I figure I might as well use it :)

Well done man! Great sound
Thank you! I noticed from your signature that you're in Italy. My wife and I were married in Positano. We're both American, but we love to vacation in Italy (especially Southern), and Positano was a perfect destination for sneaking away from our families to get married. Of course, we came back to the US and held a reception so our families and friends could celebrate as well.

Ah Italy... the food... the wine... the people... the architecture... the art... the music... the gorgeous landscape... such a lovely country!

FUNtastic!!! Great tones, fun band.
I'd love to catch your band next time the wifey & I are in your area, or if your ever in this neck of the woods (SF Bay Area).

Great job!

Back
Top Bottom