Another Axe Dumble Clip - Funk Fusion Wankery

scottl

http://scottlernermusic.com/axe/AxeFxHADWillis.mp3

I tried a bunch of different tweaks. I was so burnt out that I did not bother to sample different cabs. This one is boutique 2X12. Still not there for me, could be warmer and squishier. Upper mids are bit present here. I should have lowered the gain and turned treble down a touch. Workin' on it!

I used the Carruthers CSA for this one. I took it out of the case and just hit record. I probably should have tuned first. It was a little flat.....

Dude....sounds absolutely first rate...both playing and tone.

Tone is oh so juicy and chewy....I'm literally salivating!! It's darn near perfect for my personal tastes.

Thanks Ross!! I was listening a bit more and it's growing on me..... A little coarse on the fur on the notes, but not bad. Thanks for the comment!

rosskoss said:
Dude....sounds absolutely first rate...both playing and tone.

Tone is oh so juicy and chewy....I'm literally salivating!! It's darn near perfect for my personal tastes.

Sounds like you played differently on this clip Scott... either the tones or the Carruthers must've been inspiring! :) There's some really cool stuff going on in the clip, and I think the tone is pretty awesome. I like the amount of gain. I need to hook the laptop up to the stereo so I can hear it on the speakers I'm used to listening to, but it sounds phat on my MBP!

great wankery there! I think the cab choice is tad bit brittle for my tastes there. The overall tone is very good but the top end seems a bit harsh. I think it is the cab. Warmer, squishier is what I hear it needs as well.

Hi Scott,

Doesn't it ever get boring to publish great sounding takes with world class playing and get kudos for it?

I didn't think so!!

Sound wise here I agree with you some about needing some squish and warmth. Especially when playing double stops and chords.

Cheers,

Mats N

Back
Top Bottom