Annoying transient plectrum sound

When I play at band volumn the gain on the high end is some how affected, like it has less gain and starts to sound shrill and harsh with un-natruaul artifacts in the sound. At room volumn, I love it, nice and warm sounding.
That's the classic symptom of playing at gig volume on tones that were dialed in at bedroom volume. Try dialing in at gig volume before you give up on it. You'll discover a whole different world.

One other possibility: you didn't mention what comes after the power amp in your signal chain.

That's the classic symptom of playing at gig volume on tones that were dialed in at bedroom volume. Try dialing in at gig volume before you give up on it. You'll discover a whole different world.

One other possibility: you didn't mention what comes after the power amp in your signal chain.
The cabinet I am using is a Randall 2/12 load with 2 Organic Timbre Rhapsody G12F's. To be fair to Fractal, I just purcashed a Kemper Profiler and I am noticing the same thing. I have tried the Axe and the Kemper with cab sims off thru my Mesa Recto 4/12 loaded with V30s and same thing. Last night I plugged into my Johnson Millennium and do not have this problem. Very frustrating as I get the same result with the Matrix, Koch and Quilter amps I have tried. I have the Axe output set to -10 on the set up screen like the manual says to do. I don't really care all that much for a FRFR cabinet, but maybe that is the route I need to go. Something like the powered Freidman?

The cabinet I am using is a Randall 2/12 load with 2 Organic Timbre Rhapsody G12F's. To be fair to Fractal, I just purcashed a Kemper Profiler and I am noticing the same thing. I have tried the Axe and the Kemper with cab sims off thru my Mesa Recto 4/12 loaded with V30s and same thing. Last night I plugged into my Johnson Millennium and do not have this problem. Very frustrating as I get the same result with the Matrix, Koch and Quilter amps I have tried. I have the Axe output set to -10 on the set up screen like the manual says to do. I don't really care all that much for a FRFR cabinet, but maybe that is the route I need to go. Something like the powered Freidman?
The G12F attempts to cover the middle ground between a traditional guitar speaker and FRFR. At least that’s what it sounds like from their marketing literature, which is a bit vague. It apparently tries to capture the warmth of a a traditional guitar speaker without the “fatiguing harshness” of a traditional guitar speaker. No idea what that means.

When you say it “disappears following the expected sound,” what are you telling us?

Back
Top Bottom