Annoying email situation

P

plexi59

Every single company and government entity I've ever dealt with even peripherally is sending several emails per week about "their response to the coronavirus". Folks, for the love of god, just stop already. I don't give a shit how you deal with the coronavirus by and large. I care how my healthcare provider deals with it (coincidentally, no emails from there - probably afraid that I'll use the services), how my grocer deals with it, how my kid's school deals with it (it does not - canceled until further notice, yet still sending emails). Everybody else, and especially the office of the mayor who sent three lengthy emails just today - I couldn't give less of a fuck. I wake up every morning and my mailbox is bursting at the seams. Twenty eight emails today before I even got out of bed, only 2 that I actually found useful (one from my tax accountant, and one from a client).

If you run a business, just stop doing this. Instead, when restrictions are lifted, cut me a good deal and invite me to spend money with you. I'll happily do that, to the extent I was not planning to otherwise, just to support you.

I posted about this on my FB page. It is remarkable how many companies I have had some sort of interaction with in the last 25+ years that have been kind enough to send me heartfelt messages about how they are handling this pandemic and that they're here for me.

I bought my ex-wife some personalized M&Ms like a decade ago for Christmas and have not placed an order since. Imagine my excitement to know that I am in their thoughts.

1586505452019.png

No shit. I've gotten some emails from things that I hadn't even thought about in well over a decade. Good time to unsubscribe from their drivel though.

While we’re on the subject, I want everyone to know that we’re sanitizing daily and adhering to the Governor’s stay at home order. I’ll update again later. 😜

I just want jimmy johns to offer me a free sandwich instead of chips. Gonna take more than a bag of chips to get my out of the house.

No shit. I've gotten some emails from things that I hadn't even thought about in well over a decade. Good time to unsubscribe from their drivel though.
Pretty sure I had already unsubscribed from nearly all of these things in the past. Seems like someone in marketing is just trying to be "clever" and counting on CAN-SPAM act not being enforced.

Reactions: ESW
Pretty sure I had already unsubscribed from nearly all of these things in the past. Seems like someone in marketing is just trying to be "clever" and counting on CAN-SPAM act not being enforced.

At least you will feel more loved. Sort of like those automated birthday emails that come from out of nowhere, for thing you signed up for many years ago.

Every single company and government entity I've ever dealt with even peripherally is sending several emails per week about "their response to the coronavirus". Folks, for the love of god, just stop already. I don't give a shit how you deal with the coronavirus by and large. I care how my healthcare provider deals with it (coincidentally, no emails from there - probably afraid that I'll use the services), how my grocer deals with it, how my kid's school deals with it (it does not - canceled until further notice, yet still sending emails). Everybody else, and especially the office of the mayor who sent three lengthy emails just today - I couldn't give less of a fuck. I wake up every morning and my mailbox is bursting at the seams. Twenty eight emails today before I even got out of bed, only 2 that I actually found useful (one from my tax accountant, and one from a client).

If you run a business, just stop doing this. Instead, when restrictions are lifted, cut me a good deal and invite me to spend money with you. I'll happily do that, to the extent I was not planning to otherwise, just to support you.
Businesses will do a knee jerk reaction to the pandemic (sorry if it offends you), and its expected, everyone you have an email account with will send you a a COVID email response and maybe even those that you do not... just wash your f-n hands, buy hand sanitizer or make your own and use it... dont be a COVID clone....

The "Here's how we're addressing COVID-19" emails seem to have tapered off for me, but now I'm getting a shipload of ads for takeout food in my area. I get at least three per day from one barbecue chain. But I got laid off at the end of January before all of this shutdown crap hit, so I don't have the money to be eating takeout. We're cooking at home more than ever.

The "Here's how we're addressing COVID-19" emails seem to have tapered off for me, but now I'm getting a shipload of ads for takeout food in my area. I get at least three per day from one barbecue chain. But I got laid off at the end of January before all of this shutdown crap hit, so I don't have the money to be eating takeout. We're cooking at home more than ever.

This.

The email have tapered. But I have received at least 3 encyclopedic sales mags in snail mail (among many other smaller ones). Music, clothes, even outdoor furniture.

Back
Top Bottom