Annoying background noise when connecting FM3 to Mac

pdelanghe

Hi there,
I usually record and play using a MacBook Pro connected either to the FM3 or to a zoom Livetrak L-20 thought USB. When connecting the FM3 to the Mac, I have some parasites getting to my speakers, even if I dont select the FM3 as the sound output and if I do, even if the sound of the FM3 is at zero (which is weird) - the noise is the same regardless of the level on the FM3, and even if I dont select the FM3 as the sound output. So technically it's not something with the sound chain. But it makes noise !!!

The Mac is connected to a big LG screen, and when I unplug the screen, the noise stops. So I guess the big screen is the culprit and I should do something with how it's plugged to the AC but what ?

I already had this type of issues with USB, I bought a little dongle (idefender+) that works perfect for the live track but all the dongles I tried would not work for the Fractal products (I lose the connexion with the device). My room is not ideal and lots of things are plugged on the same outlet; I tried using a transformer to "decouple" but it did not do anything; I've seen products that are supposed to "clean" the AC to remove parasites, with a very wide price range (from hundreds to thousands) but I'm not sure I know the problem I'm trying to fix - technically. I'm really surprised that the noise happens regardless of the output level - at zero, the FM3 should not make any sound, so how can those parasites go thought?
It's some type of unstable white noise, not very strong so when I play I'm louder but still, I'd like to fix it.

Any ideas or inputs welcome.
Thanks
Philippe

Back
Top Bottom