Announcing the OwnHammer High Gain Essentials

Very nice, i'll have a go at the FAS Modern II model. Just got my axe-fx 2 this week so everything's still fresh here, bought the Ownhammer high gain essentials (diezel, engl and mesa ir's).

Can't use the Ultra res ir's however since i don't own Cab-lab (yet), according to the site they need to be converted first right? Ah well, in due time

Very nice, i'll have a go at the FAS Modern II model. Just got my axe-fx 2 this week so everything's still fresh here, bought the Ownhammer high gain essentials (diezel, engl and mesa ir's).

Can't use the Ultra res ir's however since i don't own Cab-lab (yet), according to the site they need to be converted first right? Ah well, in due time

I actually didn't use the ultra-res versions, but I'm sure they sound even better

It´s worth to buy Cablab.

Die Ultrares-Versions you can convert Sound really better - especially the bass frequencies getting clear.

I guess I'm late to the party. I just picked up the Mesa IRs and gave them a go. Holy crap, these are the real deal!! After playing through these I don't think I can ever go back to any other IRs for high gain stuff. Thanks so much for such a great product at a fantastic price!

Not sure if it slipped by a lot of you, but did you notice an update to the Marshall V30 Essentials came? Looks like OH used a neutral tube amp to get a similar frequency to the SLST IRs but the bounce and response is different...in good way (best way I can describe it). They're called TUBE and there is a fat version of that too. Unlike the 5881 and EL34, there isn't an artificial add of bass frequency which I don't like on the current 5881 IRs. I've been using SLST OH IRs anyway. Now with 16.x, there's even less reason to seek bass in your IRs so this TUBE collection really fits nicely. Anyhow, I really like the way the TUBE IRs sound and will definitely use them if he updates other libraries or in his future ones.

Can anyone who has used all of them give some rough comparisons between the cabs?

I currently only have the 412-GTR MES-ST V30-EN pack, but I'd like to pick up some others. I've found this cab is a bit scooped sounding though, so something that is more mid-heavy would be a nice compliment I think.

Also, what are the "black-back" speakers?

Back
Top Bottom