Announcing the New FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor

Will the FM9 also function as an audio interface similar to the FM3? I can plug in a USB and record and do music playback?

The reason why I'm asking is because I'm looking to upgrade from my Boss Gt 100. I've done plenty of research and narrowed it down to the FM3 w/ FC6, up until I saw the release of the FM9 which fits my bill perfectly.

So I added myself on the wish list.

But, if I'm going to wait a long time, I might choose something else...which I don't want to do. And I completely understand...it's a new product, lots of people are ahead of me, chip shortages etc....I get it.

Bad news is that I "might" buy something else if I feel I'm waiting too long.

Good news, is that my "other" choice might have to be a used Axe FX III. Fractal is what I want.

All joking aside, I'm wondering how many will buy a different product because they got tired of waiting for the FM9.....

dinky

I’m sure it happens, though rarely would be a guess. Rarer still with those who already know the difference between Fractal gear and the other stuff.

I also own a GT100, and GT1000 as well as an AX8 and the AXElll, and there’re huge differences in sound quality, immediacy - the dynamics, touch and feel, between even the older AX8 and the best of the newer BOSS stuff.. For those who have used it in the past, if the processing capability and form factor ticks the boxes, Fractal stuff is just worth the wait.

I didn’t get the FM3, as it wasn’t what I was looking for at the time and the AX8 still ticked a few more boxes for me. But the FM9 with it’s greater processing capabilities and it’s form factor ..Yes! I can use that! :0)

I’m not much of a brand snob, if it works-it works after all; but If you are looking for an all in one solution? Fractal. Worth the money considering what you are getting in return (a couple-million bucks of truly modeled gear and tons of pristine effects in a tiny tour-proof box), and all of that is definitely worth the wait if you are coming from BOSS stuff seeking improvement. :0)

I’m not much of a brand snob, if it works-it works after all...
I'm the same way but I'm sticking with Fractal because their products are excellent and I've invested significant time in learning how to use their gear. The other companies have little to offer that would make me want to dedicate an equal amount of time in learning their systems and how to get the most out of them.

The Fractal modelers I have can do everything I need from a modeler and do it exceptionally well in a rock solid physical unit with an excellent editing system. That's really all I want so even though there are some really nice offerings from other manufacturers I haven't felt the need to look elsewhere.

More "keeping it simple and sticking with what works for me" than a brand snob.

Hey dear Fractals, maybe you could keep us updated on when you are going to start ship the FM9 to the customers. I know it says shipping now but nobody other than all the Leon Todds of the world got it yet.
I believe it should be your interest to keep your customers/fans happy with transparent information and not in the dark. We would appreciate it a lot if you could say when we will start to receive the invitation and how many of us or how many hours since waiting list start will be able to purchase the products first batch so we don’t check our mailbox every half hour for eternity.

Sincerely yours,
Your customer who chose you over many others.

Hey dear Fractals, maybe you could keep us updated on when you are going to start ship the FM9 to the customers. I know it says shipping now but nobody other than all the Leon Todds of the world got it yet.
I believe it should be your interest to keep your customers/fans happy with transparent information and not in the dark. We would appreciate it a lot if you could say when we will start to receive the invitation and how many of us or how many hours since waiting list start will be able to purchase the products first batch so we don’t check our mailbox every half hour for eternity.

Sincerely yours,
Your customer who chose you over many others.
The owner of the company already said the first units started shipping.
Beyond that, Fractal will never reveal how many are on wait list. That's also been stated numerous times.
Since 2011 when I joined the Fractal crowd, there have been NUMEROUS and LOOONG threads about waiting lists. I'm afraid that's not going to change!
Best tip I can give you: patience!

well get a better idea on what is going on once people active in the forum start chiming in on their purchase invitations, (like FM3 release) and posting when they got the original waitlist email confirmation. Its coming and its going to be fun! :cool:

We would appreciate it a lot if you could say when we will start to receive the invitation and how many of us or how many hours since waiting list start will be able to purchase the products first batch so we don’t check our mailbox every half hour for eternity.

Fractal will never reveal how many are on wait list. That's also been stated numerous times.
Since 2011 when I joined the Fractal crowd, there have been NUMEROUS and LOOONG threads about waiting lists. I'm afraid that's not going to change!

Yeah, that's not going to happen Jungovila. Think about other stuff, play what you have. Someday the invite will appear in your Inbox.
I've found it's a much more pleasant experience if you don't even think about it and let it be a pleasant surprise one day.

I am grateful that I have the FM3. I have barely scratched the surface of its capabilities. When the 9 hits I won't have missed a beat.

This is a great time to study the manual and videos. Get familiar with the workflow and how to build patches. And this forum has years of tips and tricks archived that are unique to the Fractal products.

The owner of the company already said the first units started shipping.
Beyond that, Fractal will never reveal how many are on wait list. That's also been stated numerous times.
Best tip I can give you: patience!
You are stating the obvious.

Yeah, that's not going to happen Jungovila. Think about other stuff, play what you have. Someday the invite will appear in your Inbox.
I've found it's a much more pleasant experience if you don't even think about it and let it be a pleasant surprise one day.
I really can’t understand this comments, yeah I know I will play my gear until the great gods will do me a favor and I should be grateful. I think fractal who are known for working relentlessly on updates for us customers really care for us so I suggest taking it a step further and give us some kind of a time table for the release of the units and only because they said now shipping.

Back
Top Bottom