Announcing the New FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor

If I am to understand, based on this statement and clear omission of the FM3 above, that the FM3 does not have the same "flagship" analog processing that the FX8 had, the Axe-Fx III has, and the FM9 will have? Please correct me if my assumption is incorrect. I'd love to be wrong. But I know others have had issues with the FM3 in 4CM and it seems less people have issues with the FX8 and Axe-Fx III in 4CM.

I had been debating switching from the III to the FM3 since I just use effects but I've been hesitant to do so.
If you want to go 4CM the FM9 is the better choice for the reason stated in the Fractal post you quoted.

If you want to go 4CM the FM9 is the better choice for the reason stated in the Fractal post you quoted.
Great! I had a feeling it would be better. However, this is still very vague and doesn't answer my question about the FM3 in regards to the analog processing which seems to be getting skirted. So the FM3 doesn't have the same flagship analog processing at the FX8, Axe-Fx III, or the FM9? Why have I never seen that information made public? Seems like it's very hush hush.

It's been posted many times that the FX8 was a better choice for 4CM than the FX3 and acknowledged by Fractal.

With that said, many have used the FM3 in the 4CM successfully without problems.
I've not seen that, but I will look again. If you have any of those links, I would love to see them. Thanks so much!

Regardless, the FM9 looks like a great unit!

I've not seen that, but I will look again. If you have any of those links, I would love to see them. Thanks so much!

Regardless, the FM9 looks like a great unit!
It was on another forum. A few people mentioned it, I asked about it, and eventually Cliff confirmed it. No wealth of information, just confirmation by the company that the FX8 was a better choice than the FM3 for 4CM but again, people are using the FM3 in the 4CM with good results.

It's just that if the 4CM is really important to you and you're going to use it professionally, the FM9 is the better choice.

Back
Top Bottom