Announcing the New FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor

No offense to anyone, but doesn't the buying presets mentality kind of plays into that
sort of thing, too? I wonder if it can enable a lack of effort, discovery, and curiousity,
to some degree anyways, no??
I’d say no. Ever order a pizza instead of making one? We all have finite time and with careers, families, and other commitments, it is often more convenient to outsource things to someone who is more proficient. Yes you lose a lot of learnings by not figuring things out on your own, but you can also learn things by inspecting what someone else has created.

No offense to anyone, but doesn't the buying presets mentality kind of plays into that
sort of thing, too? I wonder if it can enable a lack of effort, discovery, and curiousity,
to some degree anyways, no??
You could extend that reasoning to lots of things, such as, idk, changing the oil in your car. I know, not a great analogy, since you need tools.
My point is, for many people, especially ones who have a certain amount of disposable income, (whatever that amount may be), but their time is limited, it's simply a way of exchanging what they have more of, for what they have less of.
I wouldn't lump all of them into that category.
It also comes down to things you dislike doing. I don't really care for learning how to get this thing to do what I want. I'd much rather spend that time playing. But it's not due to laziness.

I’d say no. Ever order a pizza instead of making one? We all have finite time and with careers, families, and other commitments, it is often more convenient to outsource things to someone who is more proficient. Yes you lose a lot of learnings by not figuring things out on your own, but you can also learn things by inspecting what someone else has created.

Haha! True enough. We are all different with our varying degrees of time available to us.
The funny thing about your Pizza analogy is that every time I order a Pizza I am left with
the feeling that I should have made it myself at home. Same with "eating out." Like I paid
more for inferior quality.

Not a massive fan of convenience. Or I am just way too harsh and critical ;)

That said, if I am paying to enjoy something a "master" of their craft has created
then I am honoured and grateful. :)

Ok very good news and a very nice unit!

Only thing that it lacks for me compared to the Axe fx III is that there is only one pitch block possible. I wonder why it doesn’t have two pitch blocks?

After reading over all of that it still appears the QC is still more powerful... 4 instruments at once, 4 amps, 4 cabs simultaneously without breaking a sweat. Also an incredibly better UI in the QC and a better footprint and size/weight, and has the ability to make captures that kick Kempers ass, makes it like a fractal and a Kemper mixed in a single badass unit.

I was actually hoping fractal would have put out something that would actually compete but this doesn't look like it unfortunately.

All fractal will say is it's the most powerful floor processor "fractal" has ever made... Basically even they are admitting it's not as powerful as the QC. They won't say the processor speed just that it's sharc+ processors.

Also have been unable to find any info regarding running multiple instruments at once.
Do you own a QC? It is very much in infancy stage. The cpu optimization for its effects was way off and they don’t even have things like a volume block. They fix some optimization but still no volume block. If they keep tweaking and refining it will really kill one day but that day is not today

Yes, 4CM should work great. The FM9 uses the same "flagship" analog processing as the Axe-Fx III which evolved from the FX8.

The FX8 was the best analog path I'd ever designed but the product, unfortunately, did not sell well. I took that design, tweaked it a bit and used it in the Axe-Fx III.

Thank you for your reply! That really sounds great.

Luckily I was so impressed by the first videos that I got on the g66 waitinglist a few hours ago. Looking forward to try the FM9.

It was part of the testing matrix and worked great for those who tried it.

I also ran it in 4CM with my Axe-Fx III and I can happily report it worked great AND gave me ridiculous amounts of effects and amps to play with.
Dude. Wtf. You can’t just drop a bomb like that and leave us hanging! Detailsman! We need details!

Seriously though that sounds really cool.

Dude. Wtf. You can’t just drop a bomb like that and leave us hanging! Detailsman! We need details!

Seriously though that sounds really cool.
If you own two Fractal devices you really need to try this. I was doing it with the FM3 and AFIII as well.

With the FM9 having both SPDIF in and out it's even easier to put it in the loop of the AFIII. Two cables. And it's stereo.

If you own two Fractal devices you really need to try this. I was doing it with the FM3 and AFIII as well.

With the FM9 having both SPDIF in and out it's even easier to put it in the loop of the AFIII. Two cables. And it's stereo.

I have an FM3 and will have an FM9 and the thought of a three amp setup is interesting to me (two is good enough, I admit).

With the FM9 having both SPDIF in and out it's even easier to put it in the loop of the AFIII. Two cables. And it's stereo
I could not get a circular spdif loop to work with Axe3 + Axe2 - I thought it was an SPDIF architecture issue (device can't be both master/slave?) but maybe it works with some devices (FM3/9)

After reading over all of that it still appears the QC is still more powerful... 4 instruments at once, 4 amps, 4 cabs simultaneously without breaking a sweat. Also an incredibly better UI in the QC and a better footprint and size/weight, and has the ability to make captures that kick Kempers ass, makes it like a fractal and a Kemper mixed in a single badass unit.

I was actually hoping fractal would have put out something that would actually compete but this doesn't look like it unfortunately.

All fractal will say is it's the most powerful floor processor "fractal" has ever made... Basically even they are admitting it's not as powerful as the QC. They won't say the processor speed just that it's sharc+ processors.

Also have been unable to find any info regarding running multiple instruments at once.
Two or more guitar player share one amp ????? Why ????
Don't touch my amp. Don't even point at it...

A Chrysler minivan can carry seven people at once but a Porsche 911 can only carry two.
WELL ACTUALLY, a 911 can carry 4 people if they are small or willing to be squished, its a 2+2.

Yes, this is my first post
Yes, I previously just lurked and finally created an account just to mansplain this
Yes, that probably means there is something wrong with me
No, I don't have anything constructive to say.

Yes I am on the waitlist and this thing will be good. Thanks FAS.

Back
Top Bottom