Announcing the New FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor

I remember when... Fun stuff!

BPGQuYc.png

Man I hope it does. One of the few things I ever wished improvement on with my fm3.
Cliff mentioned that they’re working on some aspects of it including the virtual capo. I got the feeling like it won’t be fully ported to the FM9 at launch but likely down the road.

Yeahh, selling one of my Axe 3's and buying one FM9, i was hoping Fractal would make a unit like this.

Does this mean that one of my presets in the Axe-Fx III would be to need to be running at less than 50% cpu in order for me to replicate and use it on the FM9?
I don't know. In the video from Chris, he says that reverb doesn't move the CPU meter much because of a dedicated core. One might infer various things from that.....which would almost certainly turn out to be completely wrong. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly what I wanted. I LOVE FRACTAL AUDIO!!! I'm on the waitlist to purchase. The specs truly fill the sweet spot for many I'm sure.

Too bad, FM9 doesn’t have AES digital out….. The best way to connect to a digital board.
You can connect SPDIF to an AES input at 48K. No converter needed, just an adapter. It’s the same format essentially. The amplitude is lower on SPDIF but most pro gear won’t mind.

this makes no sense to me. the FM3 is a small unit with 3 switches. the FM9 is a bigger unit with 9 switches. there are many people who need the smaller unit still.

you could make the same argument that the Axe3 cannibalized FM3 sales due to more CPU power, which also doesn't make sense. they are 3 different products.

none of that has anything to do with "how well" the FM3 was doing.

FM9 looks like a fantastic product and kudos to Fractal for getting this released! That said, the FM3 is still the device for me as it literally sits on my desk replacing plugins (and an old L6 Stomp) as my practice/recording rig, and with the FC6 basically it also replaces my AX8 as my live / jam rig.

Back
Top Bottom