Announcing the New FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor

Considering this as a pro device vs consumer grade audio, one’d thought AES is more preferable than SPDIF….

I wonder if this is a purposeful differentiator from Axe III.

I have never seen anyone connect digitally in a live environment. Since you’re asking there must be some folks out there going full on digital. Very interesting!

I have recieved my FM3 two days ago and now I'm tempted to send it back and wait for the FM9. I like the size and simplicity of the FM3 but the only thing that I'm worried about is the processing power, it hits the limit to quickly. Now I have to decide, size and format vs. power...
Now you have to decide size and format vs. power vs. the unpredictable time you may have to be on the waiting list for the FM9 if you send back the FM3. Remember that there is a worldwide shortage of microprocessor chips.

Now you have to decide size and format vs. power vs. the unpredictable time you may have to be on the waiting list for the FM9 if you send back the FM3. Remember that there is a worldwide shortage of microprocessor chips.

That was the kind of an encouraging answer to keep my FM3 I was hoping for. :) Thanks.

So cool, if I didn't have a Axe 3 Mark II I'd be on this .. great Idea for live and home, solve the not enough buttons gripe by many ..
really a wicked device :)!

that’s why I speculated that maybe the FM3 sales were slowing down, because as a general rule, you don’t create products that make your existing products nearly pointless.

At the FM9 price (great price!), the FM3 market now becomes limited to:

FM3 owners who never needed an FC-N to supplement the FM3 (for example, recording or other non stage use)

FM3 owners that don’t need the additional CPU power.

Anyway, I’m sure they thought long and hard about this. It didn’t stop me from getting on the list
or players who want to add Fractal amp modeling in the smallest possible form factor to a pedal board with regular guitar pedals....

Could anybody please tell me if this new unit features the tonematch block and smoothing parameter in the cab block ? So far what I’ve seen is so exciting !! Great job Fractal Audio as always

Could anybody please tell me if this new unit features the tonematch block and smoothing parameter in the cab block ? So far what I’ve seen is so exciting !! Great job Fractal Audio as always
FM9 can load captures exported from Axe-Fx III.

the main differences against the standard 3 are the tone matching and the Ir capture, but you can Read them . And the fact it runs 2 irs against 4 in the big 3

more details here https://www.fractalaudio.com/family/

Chris talked about what blocks are not included, in his video. Here’s a screen cap.

Attachments

• E35ED9C7-67D5-45B7-9A80-88612322ABBC.jpeg
    E35ED9C7-67D5-45B7-9A80-88612322ABBC.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom