Announcing the New FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor

No. The III uses (1) dual-core Texas Instruments DSP. The FM3 uses (1) dual-core Analog Devices DSP. The FM9 uses (2) dual-core Analog Devices DSPs.

The TI DSPs are much more powerful than the Analog Devices DSPs per clock and run at around twice the clock speed as well. So one TI DSP core is about four times more powerful than one Analog Devices DSP core.

If we normalize processing power to the III it would be:
Axe-Fx III: 100%
FM9: 50%
FM3: 25%

So why not use the TI DSPs in everything? Power. The TI DSPs use more power and generate more heat requiring active cooling. They are also more complicated to use requiring dedicated clock generation units, multiple power supplies with specific sequencing requirements, etc., etc.
This is an added bonus with fractal- you get useful information that is clearly conveyed. As opposed to marketing BS.

Forgive me if this is common info - any change to the amount of modifiers available? Coming from the axe fx 3 platform it would be great if FM9 has the same amount of modifiers.

…. cause i can’t get enough control switches 🤣

Congrats Team Fractal on another killer unit!

This looks great!

Can you use this FM9 as a foot controller with the Axe-FX III?

For touring pros that want a foot controller and a backup Axe-FX III, this would be a cool option, if one could do that.

If a power surge happens that smokes your main unit, then one could switch to the FM9 pretty seamlessly without juggling a FASLINK cable if that's the case.

Too lazy to read through 14 pages worth of yoohoo's and shut up and take my money's, so I don't know if this has been asked, but does this thing has as much DSP if not more then the Axe II?

Back
Top Bottom