Announcing the New FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
All: we are very pleased to announce the latest member of our product family, the new FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor. The FM9 is a nine-switch floor unit based on the award-winning Axe-Fx III, FM3, and FC Controllers. Feature highlights include Cygnus amp modeling, UltraRes™ IR speaker cab simulation, a suite of our highly-acclaimed stompbox and studio effects, FASLINK II expandable footswitching, extremely flexible I/O, 8x8 USB audio interface capabilities, a world-class Mac/PC editor, and more.

The FM9 completes our product family, standing proudly between Axe-Fx III and FM3 in terms of power, portability and price. It is our most powerful floor unit ever, with a four-core architecture able to run impressively complex presets.

The FM9 will begin shipping immediately in limited quantities in the USA and Canada, using our standard waitlist invitations to help manage the demand during the ongoing global semiconductor shortage and shipping crisis. As usual, a VIP invitation list for our endorsing artists will be processed in parallel. This time, we've also shown our gratitude by automatically adding some of the most notable members of this forum (you will have already received a private message). We are accepting orders from our dealers, but as always, we will sell a number of units domestically before commencing international fulfillment.

Retail price in the USA and Canada is $1599.99.

To join the wait list, please send an email to waitlist@fractalaudio.com with the subject "FM9 Wait List".

Our full press release is available here: https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/FM9/Fractal-Audio-FM9-Press-Release.pdf

On behalf of everyone here, thank you for choosing Fractal Audio Systems. Fractal-Audio-FM9-Photos.png

Last edited:
Guys, this is the sweet-spot unit for me. It's got the portability of the FM3, but it opens up all of the potential bottlenecks. There's more I/O (three pairs, so you can run FOH, a stage monitor, and an effects loop all at once), more footswitches (as many as an FM3 plus FC-6 together), more CPU, more ports for expression pedals or switches, just... more. All in one floor box.

Now that the secret is out, this will be my main gig rig for all occasions. It's got everything I need.

Last edited:
Guys, this is the sweet-spot unit for me. It's got the portability of the FM3, but it opens up all of the potential bottlenecks. There's more I/O (the pairs, so you can run FOH, a stage monitor, and an effects loop all at once], more footswitches (as many as an FM3 plus FC-6 together), more CPU, more ports for expression pedals or switches, just... more. All in one floor box.

Now that the secret is out, this will be my main gig rig for all occasions. It's got everything I need.
I'm with you here @Rex! This is my FM3+FC6 rig AND more power in the DSPs. It's FANTASTIC!

What does this mean in terms of the number of allowed instances of effects, particularly the amp and reverb blocks?
2 reverb blocks, 2 amp blocks in the FM9. There'll be a full blocks guide available shortly that shows the block counts across all three devices.

The manual and blocks guide are now live on the main site here: https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm9-downloads/

Last edited:
How is this different from the FM3 in terms of CPU. It can run dual amps...but what else that the FM3 cannot do?

Back
Top Bottom