• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Announcing the New FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor

Den

Inspired
My modeler needs to support 16 separate paths so the drummer can mic his drums through it as well as the rest of the band. Come on Fractal.
That's a perfectly reasonable request. This is the kind of spitballing that makes good things great. I hope Fractal is listening carefully to this one!!

GlennO

Fractal Fanatic
Curious how long to expect the wait to be. If this announcement was when the waitlist opened at 8:30 last Friday, I was on it within 2.5 hours. Hopefully soon?
That’s a hard question to answer for so many products right now, from automobiles to refrigerators to windows, etc. That’s the unfortunate reality of 2021. The shelves are even bare at my local IKEA.

Geronimo

Mmm, people are so strange, In my opinion the FX8 is one of the greatest multieffects ever created...
I agree. I bought the FX8 when it first came out. I play in a Rage Against the Machine tribute band, and I can pull off all the Tom Morello effects with no problem. The best multi-effects unit I've ever owned. With that said, I'm excited about the FM9!

HarrySound

Power User
I got the email about this last night. This might be the thing for me.
I have a Axe Fx II XL+ right now and having it all in a floor unit would be great.
I’ve found that while sometimes I have a play about generally I’m pretty boring with my presets. It’s either clean with reverbs and delays or amps with a little distortion box in front. Nothing too fancy.

The price is good too.

Jjmackey

I got the email about this last night. This might be the thing for me.
I have a Axe Fx II XL+ right now and having it all in a floor unit would be great.
I’ve found that while sometimes I have a play about generally I’m pretty boring with my presets. It’s either clean with reverbs and delays or amps with a little distortion box in front. Nothing too fancy.

The price is good too.
Cygnus is a game-changer too. Enough of a reason alone to get into this generation (in my opinion).

HarrySound

Power User
Cygnus is a game-changer too. Enough of a reason alone to get into this generation (in my opinion).
How much of a leap is this from the axe fx 2xl+
I understand the modelling is even better but that’s way down on my list of things to improve to be honest.

I know the FM9 doest have tone match but I can deal with that, I only use it for uploading presets anyway.

Im guessing the FM9 would be able to cope with pretty much everything an XL+ can? …cause that would be enough.

Greg Ferguson

Fractal Fanatic
I don't want / need to have a dedicated expression pedal for each device at home.
So I bit the bullet and ordered a Mission Expressionator.

View attachment 87963
Interesting device. This functionality would be useful with the FM3 when people are traveling as light as possible.

It'd be nice built into the FM3 too, but defining a switch to be dedicated to toggling would be a challenge, probably an external switch would be needed, and then the firmware would need a tweak to remember the values....

iaresee

Administrator
It'd be nice built into the FM3 too
It's built into every Fractal product already. You can use a single expression pedal for multiple things already. And toggle between those things with a switch. We used to have competitions to see who could MUX the most things to a single expression pedal back in the II days.

Though, in @yek's case I think he's looking to have one expression pedal work with >1 Fractal product. A different problem. Not solved in a single Fractal device (nor should it be).

TSJMajesty

Power User
does anyone use their own wah pedal w/FM-9 or does it sound weird?
Ben Eller just did a lesson for the solo in Peruvian Skies using a separate wah, and it was fine. He was using the AF3, but I'd imagine the FM9'd be no different.

Greg Ferguson

Fractal Fanatic
It's built into every Fractal product already. You can use a single expression pedal for multiple things already. And toggle between those things with a switch. We used to have competitions to see who could MUX the most things to a single expression pedal back in the II days.

Though, in @yek's case I think he's looking to have one expression pedal work with >1 Fractal product. A different problem. Not solved in a single Fractal device (nor should it be).
How do we do it if we want a block to remember its current setting and switch the pedal to control/adjust a different block? Enable/Disable won't do it, and we can't temporarily change the CS assignment to a fixed value can we? Sample and hold could do it but, again, how would we switch to that?

Top Bottom