Announcing the New FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor

I just read that blurb. It says:

Neural DSP develops technology to advance the state-of-the-art in the music industry by at least two decades an order of magnitude earlier.

Now there's an undefinable goal. If it took two years to develop and market the Quad Cortex, that means that the QC is Neural's vision of what guitar processors will be in 2039.

Where have you been????
Working insane amounts of hours for last 3 years (last year plus was especially bad with everyone moving to telework and several high profile attacks on Government systems). I am moving from IT operations to Cybersecurity Compliance now, so I will actually be able to get back to some what normal hours and get a life outside of work again. :)

Saw a poor soul on the fractal FB group say he sold al his fractal stuff to pay for one of these not knowing how long the wait list could be.

Yeah, I saw that as well. Hopefully it works out for him, but I have a feeling that he's going to be waiting more than a month or two.

I just read that blurb. It says:

Now there's an undefinable goal. If it took two years to develop and market the Quad Cortex, that means that the QC is Neural's vision of what guitar processors will be in 2039.
Eh, it's still under development and will be for at least another year until they deliver on initially marketed features (as said by Doug Castro before he deleted the post). So... make it 2042. And notice the listed author of that article :p

In all fairness, the dirt and amp sounds of the my Neural QC are at the least competitive. Some are great. The capture feature is great. But make no mistake, the Fractal effects are far superior and will be for years to come. Neural is a small shop and it will take them a long time to catch up if they ever do. The seemingly endless options provided by Fractal may never be replicated. Currently I run both an FM3 (hopefully soon to be FM9) in conjunction with the QC.

In all fairness, the dirt and amp sounds of the my Neural QC are at the least competitive. Some are great. The capture feature is great. But make no mistake, the Fractal effects are far superior and will be for years to come. Neural is a small shop and it will take them a long time to catch up if they ever do. The seemingly endless options provided by Fractal may never be replicated. Currently I run both an FM3 (hopefully soon to be FM9) in conjunction with the QC.
Curious how you set this up. I was considering doing the same thing. Ideally I wanted a dual amp rig (one from FM3 and one from QC) with both amps heard in both sides of a stereo setup and effects stereo as well. Just wasn’t sure how to route this or if it’s possible.

Last edited:
Funny that 98% of the questions asked at this point could be answered simply by reading the press release….

Please respect that the man designing these products is insanely busy and the expectation that he will drop everything to answer your question, which could easily be answered by reading the press release or the first 10ish pages of this thread, is particularly asinine…

which reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy’s red neck dictionary…

“I’ll give her face a ten and her asinine.”

I’ll see myself out.

i see people using tuners and drives but never their own wah....i have the Xotic wah and i love it
I have that wah and have run it into my FM3 and it sounds great.

but I ended up using the onboard wah with an EV-2 and it also sounds great and is auto on/off

Back
Top Bottom