• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Announcing the FM3 Amp Modeler/FX Processor!

ksandvik

Veteran
My thoughts, if you get a used AX8 for a decent price, nothing wrong with that. But for new units you need the FM3 of course where the upgrade path forward is longer than AX8 (which is normal in this electronics business anyway, I don't expect updates to my still working 2006 MacBookPro).

addedc

Veteran
should i sell my ax8 for this?
You will get more $ for it now, but you will be without it for a long, unknown amount of time. With every new Fractal product announcement, I have seen a lot of posts from players wishing they hadn't sold the old gear because it understandably takes so long to get the new one.

Andyjk992

New here
Glad I held out on the AX8. This will be my first Fractal product and I'm super stoked about it. USB and foot controller flexibility are huge IMO!

Kamil Kisiel

Veteran
I think what's really cool about this and the FC's is that all the layout programming for the FC is in the unit itself. So if you have an Axe-FX III and an FM3, you can connect your FC to either one without further configuration and it will switch to whatever layouts you are using for either device. That's just great design.

ksandvik

Veteran
I think what's really cool about this and the FC's is that all the layout programming for the FC is in the unit itself. So if you have an Axe-FX III and an FM3, you can connect your FC to either one without further configuration and it will switch to whatever layouts you are using for either device. That's just great design.
Yes, controllers should be like keyboards. Now, if we ever have a plug-and-play foot controller standard across all floor units and why not even keyboards (not MIDI) then even better.

Paultergeist

Inspired
I am TOTALLY in the dark here.....given the limits of my knowledge, I struggle to fully use my AX8 as it is.....but I DO use it.....but the AX8 has many more footswitch buttons....so tap buttons around and change my overall sound or tone.....okay......but this new thing only has 3 footswitch buttons.....why all the fuss?

Is this basically a three-button foot-controller for the Axe-III? I'm lost.

There is NO way I can possibly cover the breadth of material I need play with only three buttons.....unless I can tap-dance like Vaudeville showman.......I don't get it.

chris

Legend!
I am TOTALLY in the dark here.....given the limits of my knowledge, I struggle to fully use my AX8 as it is.....but I DO use it.....but the AX8 has many more footswitch buttons....so tap buttons around and change my overall sound or tone.....okay......but this new thing only has 3 footswitch buttons.....why all the fuss?

Is this basically a three-button foot-controller for the Axe-III? I'm lost.
No. Read the first post again.

Top Bottom