• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Announcing the FM3 Amp Modeler/FX Processor!

lauke-lux

Power User
No doubt about it, I’ve been on waiting list since April 23rd, plan on getting the FC6 too provided it’s available at time FM3 invite is received, I just think the AX8 is beautiful pice of gear and worthy of hanging on too, others may not feel same and understand to unload it before it depreciates too much, but what if it doesn’t?
FM3 delayed I admit to have thought about an AX8...ir's the gigbag issue, and now also the technology. Still a great great engine though, yes.

unix-guy

Legend!
Wow... First post and already slagging on Fractal, eh? This should be good... ;)

Can you imagine the tap dancing with this (not at all thought out P.O.S. design?)
I think it was actually a very well thought out design. Not every solution works for every person.
No live player is going to want to use this thing.
I think you're quite wrong.
Now I have to buy a midi pedal to control my foot pedal?
FC pedals are not midi... But you could choose to use a midi controller or you want to.
Could they be anymore out of touch with what a working musician actually needs?
Again, I think you are wrong.

Like I said already, some solutions won't work well for some people.

Boonlink

I agree, I think the FM3 design seems quit clever. At the price point it appeals to home musicians to record or just in search for great tone. For the gigging musician you can add an FC and an expression pedal and now you have the control you would have in the helix, headrush, Kemper stage, etc. This is just my humble opinion as I don't own any of these and would probably be happy with any of them but fractal seems to sound the best to me. I think if they made a unit configured like all the others it would make the price out of reach for many. This way you can build what you need.

Fenderbendr

Inspired
Well, some good news or not so good news from Cliff over on TGP depending on how you look at it:

I understand everyone's frustration and, believe me, no one is more frustrated than I. The firmware is not ready yet. We're sitting on a warehouse full of them. I refuse to ship product that isn't ready and I don't think any reasonable customer would want that either.

Last edited:

Chiguete

Experienced
Well, some good news and bad news from Cliff over on TGP depending on how you look at it:
For me is good news in the sense that we now know why they haven't ship, for me it's better to know that it has something to do with the firmware than a problem with the actual hardware production... just wonder why they didn't say so here, we all would of understand the reason.

benvigil

Experienced
For me is good news in the sense that we now know why they haven't ship, for me it's better to know that it has something to do with the firmware than a problem with the actual hardware production... just wonder why they didn't say so here, we all would of understand the reason.
It also could be a hardware issue they are now having to work around in the firmware.

But who knows...

TheOtherDave

Inspired
I can’t imagine getting rid of my AX8. It’s my gigging machine. My band loves it.
If I can get an AX8 to control a FM3, my plan is to use both... My main amp model and any pre-amp FX in the FM3, and an AX8 for extra buttons, a secondary amp model (so, say, a Marshal sound in L and a Mesa sound in R, or whatever), and any post-amp FX. Or something like that, anyway. I don't have either right now, and it all depends on how much a used AX8 costs.

aciek_l

If I can get an AX8 to control a FM3, my plan is to use both... My main amp model and any pre-amp FX in the FM3, and an AX8 for extra buttons, a secondary amp model (so, say, a Marshal sound in L and a Mesa sound in R, or whatever), and any post-amp FX. Or something like that, anyway. I don't have either right now, and it all depends on how much a used AX8 costs.
How about getting AFX3 instead? I don't know where you are form, but in EU it is possible to get used III for even less than FM3+AX8. Add some alternative foot controller and you are ready to go. :) It won't be 'pedalboardable' (what? :D ) but you'll save yourself this strange setup...

Reactions: jon
Top Bottom