• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Announcing the FM3 Amp Modeler/FX Processor!

iaresee

that is still a lot of tap dancing to switch from one scene to another
Horses for courses. The point is to show it's not impossible. Not to meet your specific needs. Hold on switch 3 can be used to move to another switch page, bring up MLM, etc. which you could use to get preset selection, inc/dec, tuner, tap tempo, effect engage/disengage, etc.

lwknives

Veteran
Horses for courses. The point is to show it's not impossible. Not to meet your specific needs. Hold on switch 3 can be used to move to another switch page, bring up MLM, etc. which you could use to get preset selection, inc/dec, tuner, tap tempo, effect engage/disengage, etc.
I have nothing against the FM3 at all! It is a great little unit. Some people just want more switches.

chris

Legend!
yup. i put 4 scenes on 1 switch - Tap toggle and Hold toggle. that leaves 5 other switches. it works for me at most gigs. if i have a gig that i need more switches, i add another unit with more switches.

a solution exists. if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. but it's not like there's no possible way.

Fractal Fanatic
The switches are incredibly powerful but that is still a lot of tap dancing to switch from one scene to another. Plus I would still need preset inc/dec, a tuner and a tap tempo.
if the FM3 layouts are like the FC controllers you'll be able to use an external footswitch as a stand in switch - you could have two buttons, one with press/hold for tap/tuner and the other for press/hold inc/dec.

lwknives

Veteran
yup. i put 4 scenes on 1 switch - Tap toggle and Hold toggle. that leaves 5 other switches. it works for me at most gigs. if i have a gig that i need more switches, i add another unit with more switches.

a solution exists. if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. but it's not like there's no possible way.
I’m my case I am running out of switches on my Ax8. Ideally I need like 15 switches. I get the modular concept but it doesn’t work for me. I would rather have one rig that I am intimately familiar with.

lwknives

Veteran
if the FM3 layouts are like the FC controllers you'll be able to use an external footswitch as a stand in switch - you could have two buttons, one with press/hold for tap/tuner and the other for press/hold inc/dec.
Indeed I could, but that is still not enough to put the FM3 on the same level as the Ax8 from a performance standpoint.

lwknives

Veteran
Technically I could get through an incredibly complex setlist that requires multiple FX combinations and changes with only one switch by incrementing scenes with a tap and incrementing presets with hold. That would be a bit extreme but it would be possible.
The only thing is that that’s not what I want to be thinking about when I am coming out of a solo and need to get back to my clean tone. I’m seeing a lot of people saying that people who are not satisfied with 3 switches just don’t understand how powerful those switches are, my point is that for some people 3 switches is just not what works for them.
Physical layout of a pedal board is very important to me. When I am performing I want using the foot switches to be fun and exiting, to me it is part of the performance and a 3 switch unit does not sound like it would be fun to me.
Good thing they have an FC6-12. Although really the Ax8 is still amazing. I’m on the fence between the Axe-fx iii or the FM3 with an FC12 or just sticking with my Ax8.

honeypat

New here
Hello Chris,
I'm wonder once FM3 linked with my FC-6 then 8 scenes in a preset be controlled without any external foots witches .

moerker

Inspired
Or an FC12...
Or a MC6. The only thing for a Midi-Unit is the additional power supply - meaning one more part which may break down. Or you could adapt the power line of the FASLINK II to provide the power for a MIDI unit. But can't find the power specifications there (and I have no device to check ;) ).

Last edited:

Brogen72

Inspired
I soooo almost bought the Kemper Stage this week, I've never owned a Kemper before, but after much research and many YouTube videos I decided to stick to my original plan and wait for the FM3, for many reasons, but most of all I'm just excited to dive into the FM3 after having loved my AX8 and AXII over the last 6 years. Fractal is in my blood!!

Top Bottom