• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Announcing the FM3 Amp Modeler/FX Processor!

JoKeR III

Experienced
Sounds like a lot of people are confused having the AX8 as a reference for any features or description of the FM3. According to the Wiki and several posts by the Fractal designer(s), the FM3 will have a majority of the blocks from the Axe-Fx III as well as the Ares amp modeling. Therefore, it would be reasonable to expect the factory presets in the FM3 to be versions of, if not actual (depending upon effects), presets from the Axe-Fx III, not the AX8.

mikah912

Inspired
Sounds like a lot of people are confused having the AX8 as a reference for any features or description of the FM3. According to the Wiki and several posts by the Fractal designer(s), the FM3 will have a majority of the blocks from the Axe-Fx III as well as the Ares amp modeling. Therefore, it would be reasonable to expect the factory presets in the FM3 to be versions of, if not actual (depending upon effects), presets from the Axe-Fx III, not the AX8.
Um, there are quite a few dual amp and effects-heavy presets.

JoKeR III

Experienced
Um, there are quite a few dual amp and effects-heavy presets.
Um, I didn't say they would include the "dual amp and effects-heavy" presets. The comment was - "versions of, if not actual (depending upon effects)".

Reading comprehension goes a long way.

mikah912

Inspired
Um, I didn't say they would include the "dual amp and effects-heavy" presets. The comment was - "versions of, if not actual (depending upon effects)".

Reading comprehension goes a long way.
So does condescension, but I'll let it slide.

We're both guessing, so we'll see. I'm good either way.

David Houck

Inspired
Wow.
I bought my ax8 beginning of march 2019..... I'm totally owned.
What can you advise me?!?
Enjoy it. It's still a wonderful tool for making music. I love mine.

And while I can see where I could make use of an FM3 and FC12, the wait time could be a while, especially for the FC12. So I'm happily content to wait until the wait lists are whittled down, and to continue to enjoy my AX8 in the meantime.

Matt_B_77

Power User
I keep coming back to this thread to look at the pics of the FM3 in the first post. I cannot get over how compact it is.

I can only wonder if it could be more compact if they made a brain-only version (no switches) that could sit on a pedal board (or desktop) and be used with with an FC6.

Last edited:

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I keep coming back to this thread to look at the pics of the FM3 in the first post. I cannot get over how compact it is.

I can only wonder if it could be more compact if they made a brain-only version (no switches) that could sit on a pedal board (or desltop) and be used with with an FC6.
Not much more. The main board is roughly the size of the base and is filled with components.

Top Bottom