• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Announcing the FM3 Amp Modeler/FX Processor!

Stratman68

Fractal Fanatic
The front panel and Axe edit have been a "conversation" since the Ultra. Of course software wasn't called axe edit then..........
Must admit I am an axe edit person but with each each unit since the beginning I always made sure to learn the front panel as while.

Still waiting for the day we can access "settings specific stuff" with AX8 Edit..........

jefferski

Fractal Fanatic
Do you really need 2 amp blocks when you now have a built in audio interface?

You should be able to record a clean di track and then reamp it to your heart's content changing your blocks with different amps, impulse responses and effects and tweaking parameters yourself. Craft your own tone.

Also, like the AX8, I'm sure there will be many presets created and shared by the Fractal user community to download and try including amp tone matching done on the Axe-Fx III and Axe-Fx II
LOL, you don't understand why I was asking this question. It's not about reamping - it's for being able to get totally gapless amp switching playing live that you can't quite get from changing channels (or x/y on the AX8). For some people, it's also about simultaneously running two amps in parallel, like a cleaner one layered with more distortion. And for others, its about using the preamp from one amp block as drive block feeding into the 2nd amp block. Being a current AX8 user, neither of the last two are options for me, which is fine, but wondering what the FM3 can do.

And yes, I'm familiar with both Axechange and how to craft my own tones... ;-)

unix-guy

Legend!
No, the front panel appears identical to the AxeIII. Learn to edit from the front panel, it’s really easy.
Maybe read the context of my reply... Which was about someone ELSE always using the editor. I already know how to use the front panel, and I was encouraging the use of the front panel ;)

Deadpool_25

Experienced
Having only 3 switches seems to be one of people’s primary concerns. We need Leon Todd, or one of you other guys who can, to make a video showing what can be accomplished with only 3 switches on the FC6.

I’m not concerned (I’ll get an FC6 anyway) but I’ll be honest, it’s a bit tough for my slow brain to understand some of you guys’ examples.

Did a video on the FM3! This will be a lot of info a lot of you guys here already know, but I mainly made it for those who dont visit the forum very much.
Thanks for the video. Very informative. I love my AX8. My question is, do you think my/our presets will transfer over to this FM3 or are we going to have to start all over, building our own and tweaking the factory presets. I've spent HOURS, hate to lose them all. Thoughts? thx

bradlake

Axe-Master
Thanks for the video. Very informative. I love my AX8. My question is, do you think my/our presets will transfer over to this FM3 or are we going to have to start all over, building our own and tweaking the factory presets. I've spent HOURS, hate to lose them all. Thoughts? thx
Sounds like a job for FracTool....Al will do it if he can.

Smittefar

Fractal Fanatic
I have 100 carefully made song specific presets. I have no doubt that I will need to rebuild them all when I get the new unit.

There might be an app that will transfer some of it, but the two will run different firmwares, so the sound will not be identical anyway.

Top Bottom