• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Announcing the FM3 Amp Modeler/FX Processor!

unix-guy

Legend!
The MFC works great with my III. I think it will be even better because the only things that are missing for me are automatic preset name display (which I don't miss at all due to all the name time out issues I was having) & the tuner display on the MFC which you won't need because all of that will display on the FM3.
Maybe for you, and that's great... But for many, it's way too limiting: no tuner display, doesn't track IA states from the preset, etc.

The FCs are so much better with the III.

But of course, it's totally dependent on how you work.

Fredneck

Inspired
I'm staying with AX8 for my pedal steel guitar, and a Axe III with FC 6 and I want the FC 12 to be slave to the FC 6, but my spot in the line is 9/18/18. I like 8 scenes on TAP functions like the MFC for giant presets.
I didn't realize I may be able to have the axe III do guitar AND pedal steel guitar. Still learning layouts. I think I may be able to use a FC 6 for steel guitar and FC12 for guitar
I want to experiment with FC6 at front of stage too!
Once I determine how I prefer to use the FC's with AXE III then I can see FM3 being my mobile rig, since I Ieave my Axe III with the band cartage. I guess I have to get FM3 if I want to tweak at home/have mobile rig. Plus, I'll already have FC12 and 6. The Fact the FM3 has ANY switches is a bonus to my projected workflow. See how I went to full GAS in one day!?

Last edited:

notalemming

Forum Addict
Maybe for you, and that's great... But for many, it's way too limiting: no tuner display, doesn't track IA states from the preset, etc.

The FCs are so much better with the III.

But of course, it's totally dependent on how you work.
With the III, I have to turn around to see the tuner which is no big deal. Will not be an issue with the FM3. I just use presets & scenes for any changes & all light display states are exactly correct. That combined with all the work I did to get it programmed (with no help what so ever from Fractal to make the transition easier despite them knowing there would be a long wait for the FC's to become available) makes it not anywhere near worth another $699 to me.

JoKeR III

Inspired
If FA marketing want to sell more units maybe they should sell them in more than one shop in europe? You have to be crazy to buy a unit this expensive and not be able to try it. I'm crazy .. o_O
I must be certifiably psychotic then: FX8, AX8, Axe-Fx III, FC6 and now the FM3 - all bought (or waiting to buy) direct from Fractal.

To the best of my knowledge, FAS is direct order only in the U.S.A. and doesn't have any distributors here either. They could make international buyers deal with the hassle of ordering only from the U.S. but have chosen to make it easier, and possibly less expensive, by using a handful of overseas retailers for distribution.

Joe Bonito

New here
Well, I have an AX8 that I really like and took delivery of a new Axe FXIII on Monday. But then the FM3 dropped yesterday. Decided to return the FXIII and got on the waitlist for the FM3. The FXIII is really nice but is really overkill for my needs. The FM3 seems a better fit and my guess is it will work with any midi footswitch--I have a Behringer FCB1010 on the way that I had planned to use with the FXIII. Had the AX8 for sale in the forum but decided to keep it for the time being. Will be interesting to A/B it with the FM3.

Good to have choices.

notalemming

Forum Addict
Well, I have an AX8 that I really like and took delivery of a new Axe FXIII on Monday. But then the FM3 dropped yesterday. Decided to return the FXIII and got on the waitlist for the FM3. The FXIII is really nice but is really overkill for my needs. The FM3 seems a better fit and my guess is it will work with any midi footswitch--I have a Behringer FCB1010 on the way that I had planned to use with the FXIII. Had the AX8 for sale in the forum but decided to keep it for the time being. Will be interesting to A/B it with the FM3.

Good to have choices.
You could use the AX8 to control the FM3 and put the AX8 in the effects loop and gain a lot more effects & 2 more amps.

Kamil Kisiel

Veteran
I must be certifiably psychotic then: FX8, AX8, Axe-Fx III, FC6 and now the FM3 - all bought (or waiting to buy) direct from Fractal.

To the best of my knowledge, FAS is direct order only in the U.S.A. and doesn't have any distributors here either. They could make international buyers deal with the hassle of ordering only from the U.S. but have chosen to make it easier, and possibly less expensive, by using a handful of overseas retailers for distribution.
It's even worse here in Canada, because the only way to order is direct from Fractal. But in order for the stuff to get here, I have to pay customs and duties. If I decide to return the product, then I have to apply with border services to get a refund on those fees and it's a huge hassle. Good thing the products are awesome and I would never return them ;)

Top Bottom