• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Announcing the FM3 Amp Modeler/FX Processor!

veritechc

Inspired
I totally disagree. It's almost as easy to use the Axe Fx III front panel as it is to use Axe-Edit.
To be honest, since I've gotten the 3, I haven't even used axe edit yet

100% front panel baby, the way it SHOULD be!
With my Axe Fx II, it was almost always Axe-Edit.

Right now it's about 80% front panel.

There are some specific things that are not possible from front panel and it's a bit easier to jump around in the editor, but for most things I don't feel a need. That speaks volumes about the UI!
Well all you blokes must have grown up in the 80's like me to WANT to touch the front of any rack unit, lol. But I use the editors for all my gear.

And I was a keyboardist in the 80's so I know rack gear and UI's

I also have a Helix which has one of the best on Unit UI's I have ever touched. Maybe that has colored my reaction. But I STILL use the editor on that.

benvigil

Veteran
I'd be surprised if a bigger brother to the FM3 wasn't in the pipeline using the FC-12 form factor. People are acting like this is the only product FAS will ever release. Sure, this isn't the AX8 Mark II, but that doesn't mean one isn't coming eventually.

Last edited:

ksandvik

Veteran
I'm sure more FM units will or will not happen in future, where future is undefined. Now let's say an FM12 shines light and the street price is closer to 2k, I might as well just get an AXE III. *)

*)It's called cannibalizing own sales and was the downfall of Mac computers 1992-97. Stretched engineering thin trying to maintain all the overlapping models.

Last edited:

unix-guy

Legend!
Well all you blokes must have grown up in the 80's like me to WANT to touch the front of any rack unit, lol. But I use the editors for all my gear.

And I was a keyboardist in the 80's so I know rack gear and UI's

I also have a Helix which has one of the best on Unit UI's I have ever touched. Maybe that has colored my reaction. But I STILL use the editor on that.
What happens at a gig when you need to fine tune something? Do you bring a laptop?

veritechc

Inspired
What happens at a gig when you need to fine tune something? Do you bring a laptop?
I don't really gig with the Axe Fx 3. Mostly because of the form factor. That's why the FM3 may
Then I grudgingly use the UI. Generally, I'm damn good at pre-programming modelers. I have quite a few.

And I did say above that the Axe UI is way better then it was on the Axe Fx 2 or AX8.

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
You are insane, lol. While the on unit UI is much better on the Axe FX III than it ever was before I try never to use it. There are way too many layers to go through.

Now Axe Edit is a dream. But I’d love to see a UI redesign on the flagship units.
Maybe it's because I made a point to use the interface when I first got the III. I think it's great and like using it so I have to disagree. As far as insanity....??? :p

AZGuitar

New here
Wait listed this morning. First FAS product, looks totally awesome. You guys who have done this before me, is delivery likely a July-August kinda a thing? I hope we get to see some good videos from this weekends event.

chris

Legend!
Hi does it work with mfc 101 mark iii ?
the MFC doesn't work directly with any of the Axe-Fx III generation gear. it can be used as a General MIDI controller. there are a few threads in the Axe-Fx III sub-forum detailing this.

notalemming

Forum Addict
Hi does it work with mfc 101 mark iii ?
The MFC works great with my III. I think it will be even better because the only things that are missing for me are automatic preset name display (which I don't miss at all due to all the name time out issues I was having) & the tuner display on the MFC which you won't need because all of that will display on the FM3.

Top Bottom