• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Announcing the FM3 Amp Modeler/FX Processor!

addedc

Veteran
Waitlisted! This will be the first FAS product I've bought since I was on the original waitlist for the AxeFX Standard oh so many years ago. I will be selling said AxeFx to get this. So, do we have an approximate shipping timeframe? This summer? Fall? Winter? I just want to know how fast I need to get my Standard out the door."
I've been on the Fractal train for a while, too. Not quite as long as you. From looking at the forum over the years, it seems to me like the average initial wait for a new product is around three to six months. I recall it being years for the first foot controllers. Fractal may be getting faster at it though as they have been through what, 8 or so major product launches. Or increasing demand may make it slower. Who knows?

badmagick

Regular
Psyched and ...
Sorry if this was already asked
I scrolled through all the pages but I may have went right past it.
I have heard good things about the pitch block on the III. Will this be carrying over to the FM3? Lower latency? Better feel? (Than the AX8).

Diego

Fractal Fanatic
If FA marketing want to sell more units maybe they should sell them in more than one shop in europe? You have to be crazy to buy a unit this expensive and not be able to try it. I'm crazy .. o_O
In Europe you have 30 days to try it WITH your gear (and not in a shop with ten teenagers playing smoke on the water or sweet child o’mine at full volume) and then decide to keep it or to return it...

Matt_B_77

Forum Addict
In each layout you are including a Hold to go to the same layout, you could switch those for something else, like a looper, JS
Thanks Rick.

I posted this question in another thread and your post made if over there.

As I understand it now I can do this:

Layout 1
FS 1 - Scene 1 (Hold Scene 2)
FS 2 - Scene 3 (Hold Preset Layout)
FS 3 - Scene (Hold Bank/Tuner Layout)

Layout 2
FS 1 - Preset 1 (Hold Scene Layout)
FS 2 - Preset 2 (Hold Preset 3)
FS 3 - Preset 4 (Hold Bank/Tuner Layout)

Layout 3
FS 1 - Bank Up (Hold Scene Layout)
FS 2 - Bank Down (Hold Preset Layout)
FS 3 - Tuner Tempo (Hold Unassigned)

With 3 buttons and 3 layouts using Tap/Hold I can duplicate all the functionality of 11 switches on my AX-8.

We could potentially do two amp blocks but at reduced quality and I don't want to do that. Part of the problem with other modelers is that they don't oversample enough (and use single-precision in places where you need double-precision).

Then you get complaints of artifacts and ear fatigue and all the other things associated with inadequate sample rate and word length.

The vast majority of users only use one amp block so we wanted to make something with one very high quality "Ares" amp block.
I like the way you guys think. Quality should not be trumped by quantity. Too many brands do the opposite IMO.

Kamil Kisiel

Veteran
Thanks Rick.

I posted this question in another thread and your post made if over there.

As I understand it now I can do this:

Layout 1
FS 1 - Scene 1 (Hold Scene 2)
FS 2 - Scene 3 (Hold Preset Layout)
FS 3 - Scene (Hold Bank/Tuner Layout)

Layout 2
FS 1 - Preset 1 (Hold Scene Layout)
FS 2 - Preset 2 (Hold Preset 3)
FS 3 - Preset 4 (Hold Bank/Tuner Layout)

Layout 3
FS 1 - Bank Up (Hold Scene Layout)
FS 2 - Bank Down (Hold Preset Layout)
FS 3 - Tuner Tempo (Hold Unassigned)

With 3 buttons and 3 layouts using Tap/Hold I can duplicate all the functionality of 11 switches on my AX-8.
You don't even need to hold to go to the scene layout. You can use the Layout Link feature so that when you step on a preset button it will automatically jump to the scenes layout. I do this with my FC-6 right now. Then you can use hold actions in the Preset Mode to go up and down banks.

smcrosby

Forum Addict
And I thought the AX8 was convenient - this will be the perfect tool for my living room noodling, learning tunes while watching TV, etc. The footprint is soooo small, I can store it under my couch and pull it out without aggravating the Misses. It will be equally perfect for jam sessions and gigs in tight places (I do a lot of that in living rooms, porches, etc.). Thanks Cliff, M@ and FAS-Co.!

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
If FA marketing want to sell more units maybe they should sell them in more than one shop in europe? You have to be crazy to buy a unit this expensive and not be able to try it. I'm crazy .. o_O
I think FAS knows best how to run their business. Its so easy to give a business advice :)

veritechc

Inspired
It's great to see the awesome hardware interface from the III brought over to the FM3. I use the front panel on my Axe-III about as much as I use Axe-edit III. Love it!
You are insane, lol. While the on unit UI is much better on the Axe FX III than it ever was before I try never to use it. There are way too many layers to go through.

Now Axe Edit is a dream. But I’d love to see a UI redesign on the flagship units.

unix-guy

Legend!
To be honest, since I've gotten the 3, I haven't even used axe edit yet

100% front panel baby, the way it SHOULD be!
With my Axe Fx II, it was almost always Axe-Edit.

Right now it's about 80% front panel.

There are some specific things that are not possible from front panel and it's a bit easier to jump around in the editor, but for most things I don't feel a need. That speaks volumes about the UI!

Top Bottom