• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Announcing the FM3 Amp Modeler/FX Processor!

Benkenove

My main doubt: can you record the DI for reamping with the FM3 with usb?

This would be exactly what I’d need for this although I really miss the instant access knobs of the ax8 like bass, treble etc ... that was a huge plus for live slight mods...

DLC86

Power User
It seems from the specs that the FM3 should be based on one of these 2 DSPs from analog devices:
FM3 DSP.JPG

Anyone knows how to compare them to the ADSP-21469 of the AX8? (no mflops stated in their specs, clock frequency is just slightly higher)

atquinn

Power User
Cool. If the switching is as fast as the Axe FX3, I could see this replacing it for me. Probably keep my FC12 though.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
It seems from the specs that the FM3 should be based on one of these 2 DSPs from analog devices:
View attachment 54295

Anyone knows how to compare them to the ADSP-21469 of the AX8? (no mflops stated in their specs, clock frequency is just slightly higher)
Yup. Uses an SC587. The SHARC+ core has essentially the same MFLOPs as the SHARC. The overall processing power is greater than an AX-8 because of the ARM which offloads all the housekeeping stuff, USB, etc.

Joyful Sorrow

Ok, let me see if I got that right so far...

I want to use it as an audio interface to record with it straight into my Macbook Pro / Cubase, recording the processed signal and the DI at the same time so I can reamp with the FM3 via USB. If that is possible with the FM3, and it has the main blocks (amp, cab, drive, delay, reverb, chorus) with the same sound quality as the III, then I am totally sold on it!!!!!
That is exactly my point ! If it is possible to record processed and raw at the same time through the USB Outputs this is the holy grail for project studios :)

Joyful Sorrow

That would make me happy. The size of this thing is nice, but I want more than 3 buttons. Getting 6-ish without having to use an external box would make me happy.
Makes no sense as they are clearly going for a modular approach where the user can mix and match to fit their needs ... a bigger FM6 would interfere with the AXE-III too much and counteract their modular idea.

Top Bottom