• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Announcing the FM3 Amp Modeler/FX Processor!

ksandvik

Experienced
I prefer separate pedals, if they break I don't need to send in the whole unit. Plus I prefer smaller pedals rather than bigger controller pedals.

chris

Legend!
Ummm, maybe send it to the same place I would send my Axe Fx III to, if it broke. *shrug*
It’s a poor reason for something to break, I think. Built-in expression pedals are notorious for breaking due to people carrying the unit with them. I’ve sent so many RAs back for various brands when I ran a music store.

randyvanmartini

Power User
It’s a poor reason for something to break, I think. Built-in expression pedals are notorious for breaking due to people carrying the unit with them. I’ve sent so many RAs back for various brands when I ran a music store.
Well, I guess I'm going by the quality of my EV-1s .....haven't had to send them back once...really, I promise!! lol

Reactions: jon

yeky83

Experienced
With the Axe Fx II or AX8 I would usually use a preset per song and needed 3-4 scenes per song in most cases. On rare occasions I'd play an entire set with 4 sounds, but 3 just isn't enough to cover everything needed. It looks like the footswitch layout was taken straight from the FC6 and the display on most of the controls were pulled off of the Axe 3. I get wanted to save time and money in manufacturing, but they could have squeezed a 4th foot switch in there or made the editing controls take up a little less room to accommodate more switches. For only having 3 switches it looks like a pretty big box.

If I didn't just pickup the Axe Fx III a few weeks ago it might take me a bit of wrestling, but I think I'd still come to the conclusion that this just isn't quite enough in any direction. Smaller with 3 footswitches would have been better. A hair bigger with a 4th switch or 6 even. The same size as the AX8 with 8 footswitches. Something with a built-in expression pedal (there's a reason why this has always been the most popular form factor in floor multi-fx). Smaller, 3 switches and only amp and cab modeling with dual amp and cab blocks for guys that are into pedals, there seem to be a lot of those guys these days.
Use it with the FC-6, it's about the same size as the AX8 with 9 scribble strip switches. If you really want 4 switches, hook up a footswitch for maybe $15. It can't please everyone, but the modular approach quite nicely addresses some of your concerns.

Francis Manliclic

Looks like I’m way ahead of you my friend. Maybe I’ll fly out there with mine when I get it if you write some patches for me!!!

All indications are the same amps as the Axe FX III. That includes the glorious JP2C.
So how much is it really? I will sign for waitlist now, is it $999.99 direct order? or $1400?

Top Bottom