• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Announcing the FM3 Amp Modeler/FX Processor!

Fenris

Inspired
I have a question related to FC-12 and FC-6. Will they be available at same time as FM2 in Europe? I think they would be necessary. Thanks

Stratman68

Fractal Fanatic
well I got on the waitlist but I am not going to play the no device game. I'll keep my AX8 for a time. Price already dropped quite a bit.
Can't wait until we know the compatibility info.....Buying it regardless but still want to know asap!

notalemming

Forum Addict
It’d be nice to be able to control it with the AX8, but I don’t think the midi commands would work.
Why not? It has midi in. You can control the III with an MFC or any other midi controller. I would think you could control the FM3 with any midi controller too including the AX8 & FX8. You could also put the AX8 or FX8 in the effects loop & add more amp & effects instances too.

rossipedia

New here
Apologies if this has already been covered (it is 16 pages already), but will we be able to easily swap presets between the Axe FX III and the FM3? They're both ARES units so I'd imagine so, but it'd be nice to have official confirmation.

unix-guy

Legend!
Apologies if this has already been covered (it is 16 pages already), but will we be able to easily swap presets between the Axe FX III and the FM3? They're both ARES units so I'd imagine so, but it'd be nice to have official confirmation.
Has been asked and not answered.

My guess would be no, based on the fact that that Axe Fx II and the AX8 shared "lineage" and could not share. Also, as mentioned there are things in the Axe Fx III that are not in the FM3, and the number of block instances for some blocks will be less.

However, I'd be willing to bet @AlGrenadine could update FracTool to allow for conversion between them ;)

luthier42

Regular
I really wish they would have added more than 3 switches. I owned an Atomic AmpliFire for a little while and, though there was much about that box I hated, the fact that it only had three switches made it pretty unusable for me without a bunch of outboard gear. They've since abandoned the 3 switch model and replaced it with a 6 switch version of the same size. 8 5/8" x 6 5/8" x 3" for the AmpliFire vs 11.2" x 9.2 x 3.5" for FC6 (assuming same for FM3).

With the Axe Fx II or AX8 I would usually use a preset per song and needed 3-4 scenes per song in most cases. On rare occasions I'd play an entire set with 4 sounds, but 3 just isn't enough to cover everything needed. It looks like the footswitch layout was taken straight from the FC6 and the display on most of the controls were pulled off of the Axe 3. I get wanted to save time and money in manufacturing, but they could have squeezed a 4th foot switch in there or made the editing controls take up a little less room to accommodate more switches. For only having 3 switches it looks like a pretty big box.

If I didn't just pickup the Axe Fx III a few weeks ago it might take me a bit of wrestling, but I think I'd still come to the conclusion that this just isn't quite enough in any direction. Smaller with 3 footswitches would have been better. A hair bigger with a 4th switch or 6 even. The same size as the AX8 with 8 footswitches. Something with a built-in expression pedal (there's a reason why this has always been the most popular form factor in floor multi-fx). Smaller, 3 switches and only amp and cab modeling with dual amp and cab blocks for guys that are into pedals, there seem to be a lot of those guys these days. The addition of the headphone jack is extremely welcome, the one thing I really hated about my AX8, and the USB audio is great too. Just not quite portable enough for me to consider having to do so much dancing though.

That being said, I'm still a Fractal Fanboy. Tried a ton of other things over the past few years and finally made my way back to Fractal. Maybe they'll release something next time that I'll be more excited about. Amp/cab modeling only box would be the sickest box ever!

veritechc

Inspired
Went to bed early yesterday (GMT+4 here in Mauritius), punished by being way down in the waiting list :D
Looks like I’m way ahead of you my friend. Maybe I’ll fly out there with mine when I get it if you write some patches for me!!!

I dont mind the processing power, as I only use couple of effects. Now, does this have the amp same from FXIII? like the JP2C?? If yes, I'll sell my AxeII right away! :D
All indications are the same amps as the Axe FX III. That includes the glorious JP2C.

fremen

Fractal Fanatic
Looks like I’m way ahead of you my friend. Maybe I’ll fly out there with mine when I get it if you write some patches for me!!!
well, maybe I'm flying to Boston this Friday for the Amp Show. I just made the first step, getting my ticket to Paris

Fredneck

Inspired
I'm staying with AX8 for my pedal steel guitar, and a Axe III with FC 6 and I want the FC 12 to be slave to the FC 6, but my spot in the line is 9/18/18. I like 8 scenes on TAP functions like the MFC for giant presets.

Top Bottom