• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Announcing the FM3 Amp Modeler/FX Processor!

axifist

Veteran
Last edited:

DLC86

Forum Addict
Not necessarily. What if Ares requires more processing power than one of the cores of the AX8 has to offer? Cannot be done then, at least not with such low latency.
Yeah, and I'll add that the press release states it has a 3-core cpu.
I guess two of these cores could be dedicated to the amp block and just one to effects and Cliff's statement about cpu could be referred to the latter only (if it runs an amp block at the same resolution as the axe III this seems like the only explanation imho, no way it can run on a core with the same processing power of the ax8 ones)

JRkelley

Inspired
Astounding! Within 3 hours of this post, 16K views and 200+ responses. Including people already deciding whether or not they will purchase, wish list requests, tech talk about what this unit will be able to do, product/marketing strategy, etc.

I think we need a new forum area, or to paraphrase Fractal: "a suggestion box that leads to a trash can".

Seriously though, the excitement level speaks for itself. This company is eventually going to release a version that clips onto your belt and is controlled through eye-movements.

In the meantime, here I sit on the waitlist...

Randalljax

Forum Addict
I think its pretty cool
With the toggle feature

You could have Clean Crunch HIgain
Solo preset up hold tuner

It will require some rethinking but
Lots of folks love HX stomp
And that has no dual type switching
You essentially have 6 switching options here per page

Tanax

Inspired
Don't know if anyone has checked the EU price but based on the dollar-euro convert on other Axe-FX products between US and G66 prices, it should be around €1299 or less!

DaveAE

New here
Seriously though, the excitement level speaks for itself. This company is eventually going to release a version that clips onto your belt and is controlled through eye-movements.

In the meantime, here I sit on the waitlist...
Well, I had something close to that already in the early '90s: the Zoom 9002 would clip on your belt and was controlled by a 4-button switch attached to your guitar with velcro... :)

DLC86

Forum Addict
Time to ask a few questions:

1. Is the amp block exactly the same as the axe fx 3 (tremolo/vibrato, input boost, output mode, etc.) and does it run at the same bit depth and oversampling rate?

2. Does it have a scene midi block?

3. Is the USB host port midi class compliant and/or bluetooth class compliant (for mobile app control)?

4. Are inputs and outputs optimized for unity gain and 4cm?

5. Is the cab block exactly the same as in the Axe fx III? (4 IRs, preamp, alignment graph, etc.)

6. Does it have separate input and output blocks?

7. Estimated availability time?

Last edited:

Kamil Kisiel

Veteran
Wondering how many Axe-Fx III owners will sell their III to get the FM3?

I sold my Axe-Fx II and MFC when I got my AX8, but the fact that I didn't need a separate foot controller made AX8 the best choice for me. Also, much greater DSP power disparity between the III and the FM3 (than between II and AX8)

Hmmm.

The more I think about it, I'm just not sure I can function with only 3 foot switches and I'm not sure I want a separate floor controller to control my floor-based processor.

Is FM3 plus FC6 together bigger than AX8?
I'm planning to have both. I have some pretty large patches on the Axe-FX III that I'm sure won't fit in this unit. But sometimes if I'm travelling it would be nice to take something small, or there are some times when I'm heading to a jam and I only need a more basic setup with more standard tones. This should fill that role nicely. The other bonus is that I can use my large-ish pedalboard with FC-6 and 4 expression pedals with this when I want that, or I bring it on its own, or I can bring the whole Axe-FX III rack + pedal board for when I need the all out effects. The low price of this is also very compelling.

Diego

Fractal Fanatic
Time to ask a few questions:

1. The amp block is exactly the same as the axe fx 3? (tremolo/vibrato, input boost, output mode, etc.)

2. Does it have a scene midi block?

3. Is the USB host port midi class compliant and/or bluetooth class compliant (for mobile app control)?

4. Are inputs and outputs optimized for unity gain and 4cm?

5. Cab block exactly the same as in the Axe fx III? (4 IRs, preamp, alignment graph, etc.)

6. Does it have separated input and output blocks?

7. Estimated availability time?
All these questions are on my agenda for next week end “test drive” ;)

Top Bottom