Announcing the Axe-Fx II XL Plus

That tid bit doesn't satiate the my appetite of wanting to actually see the thing I'd potentially be paying for....

Good point, it is a lot of money you will be forking out. Rest assured though, whatever option Cliff takes it will be the best quality one.

I did find a photo of the XL+ for you though:
Fractal Audio : Axe-Fx II XL+

Not sure it shows a lot, but you can zoom in on the screen; it looks pretty much the same to me.

Hope this helps!

Wow.. Thanks! Bummed it wasn't an upgrade but more of a revision than anything.. You would think we'd steer away from calculator screens in 2015. FAS for life though!

Wow.. Thanks! Bummed it wasn't an upgrade but more of a revision than anything.. You would think we'd steer away from calculator screens in 2015. FAS for life though!

The thing is, the layout of the controls on the screen are so well designed that it doesn't really need anything more than the LCD display. Introducing anything more modern would probably just hinder the progress FAS are making on tweaking the amps and other features that affect the sound/tone - which is the main selling point of the Axe.

I like the reliability of this display, and that fact that it's modular as well (very easy to find the parameters you want between different blocks). If they had to change the display then I'd be worried that the workflow would also be affected, and that is something that is rock solid at the moment.

Having said that, I wouldn't say no to being able to watch 4k movies on my axe in the future either....! :mrgreen

Just want some color for these tired eyes brother, haha. You're absolutely right, but on the same front, I simply meant the same interface with colors and more pixels. Nothing major need be done. However, someone once quipped, if Cliff ever decided to make an Axe with a colored LCD, the price would jump up about a grand for the color alone. I lol because it's probably true. Sometimes I feel like FAS might be the next Apple.
(No shit storm please, it was a joke)

well this sux, supposed to be the same price as the XL but in Australia it is just shy of $3800 where the XL was around $3300, i feel a little ripped. But in saying that, i'm sure i will be told that it is due to exchange rates, inflation blah blah, i guess i should be used to paying nearly double for some things here.

well this sux, supposed to be the same price as the XL but in Australia it is just shy of $3800 where the XL was around $3300, i feel a little ripped. But in saying that, i'm sure i will be told that it is due to exchange rates, inflation blah blah, i guess i should be used to paying nearly double for some things here.

Hey Mate, not sure when you bought your XL, but the AUD/USD exchange rate has tanked over the last year or so which would easily account for the difference. So, yeah, you said it, exchange rate it is.

G'day Luke,
Yeah it's a lot of money isn't it. Having said that, there's a lot in it. I also paid a lot for my ax fx II plus but the money seems a distant memory :)

Pauly

Well if the XL is cheaper than the XL+, don't hesitate, buy the XL!

G'day Luke,
Yeah it's a lot of money isn't it. Having said that, there's a lot in it. I also paid a lot for my ax fx II plus but the money seems a distant memory :)

Pauly

Yep, at the end of the day, i don't care how much it is, i must have it!

Back
Top Bottom